GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in my online travels, I recall seeing instructions/diagram for re-wiring the TULSA DRIVING LIGHT RELAY so that the lights are on with low-beams rather than high-beams...

Problem is, can't remember where....anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Ron
:blw1: '03

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I made this change to mine but I cannot remember exactly which wire I moved. (Possibly the brown wire) You will be working with the small 4 wire connector that plugs into the bikes wiring harness. The wire you want to move will be switched on/off with the high/low beam switch. You simply move it over to the wire that is hot at all times whenever the ignition switch is on. All you need is a simple test light to determine which is which.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Ron,

I'm sorry for the size of the picture, but you should be able to follow the wiring diagram below: this shows the pinout of the fog lamp connector.

I hope this is what you were looking for...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tulsa Driving Lights

Yep, Jon's remote garage opener circuit makes it easy to figure it out. I went ahead and just supplied 12V to the relay directly from the left pocket 12V connector and can now operate the lights from the switch any time I need them.

Thanks Jon!

Harvey in NM

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.....as soon as it gets into the 20's again, I'll be getting to work on this! :roll:

Ron
:blw1: '03

1 - 5 of 5 Posts