GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tall Tulsa which we used to like. A year ago I bought a Diamond seat from another guy whose wife was 5'1". My wife is 5'7" and she now looks over the top of my head, which she likes.

The wind now comes over the top of the tall Tulsa and hits her right in the forehead. Besides the knocking around of her head, the wind noise is terrible. Even if I turn off the I-com, she still hears the wind storm.

Will this shield move up any more or do I have to go the x-tall? I know it is not adjustable but can it be raised up any more? Thanks for the help. Roy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Roy: I added the Laminar Lip to my Tulsa Tall windshield and it helped remove a lot of the buffeting. It was actually on my bike's original Honda windshield when I bought my used 2001 GL1800 back in June of '06 and I thought I would try it on my Tulsa; it fits just fine. I did move the Laminar Lip up above the Tulsa about an inch which helped divert all the air flow over the top of my helmet and eliminated all the wind buffeting coming over the top of the windshield. The website for the lip is http://www.laminarlip.com/gl.php
I still am trying to make more modifications to the windshield and fairing, (deflectors and such),
to reduce buffeting at the sides but at least the buffeting over the top is gone. Best Wishes, Don Wittbrodt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts