GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe's anybody have the New Sport Windshield on there 1800 yet from Tulsa? If so, has it changed Buffeting issues ? I know there quality is excellent,I had the tall ones on the old 1500,which worked well, but I'm into the more Sporty look of the wing,(not an old man Yet, :eek:4: ),anybody have any Pics of one on the bike? Thanks

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
tulsa sport shield

I bought the Tulsa Sport while at the Wing Ding last year. I also was looking for a 'sportier look' and that was the reason for my purchase. I replaced my Cee Bailey with it.

Be prepared.......I feel it does not give as much protection as the stock or C/B windshield. You will definitely eat more bugs with it. My wife did not notice much difference with it, but I definitely feel more of the wind at my face. Also remember that once you mount it, there is no adjustment up or down like the stock windshields.

I have mine set low enough for looking OVER the shield. I don't like to look thru a windshield, especially in the rain.

All in all, I am very pleased with it and do not have any plans to change it out. For it's smaller size, it gives me all of the protection I can want - and great looks too!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Interesting, Steve. Thanks. Two questions:

What is your height and do you feel there's more wind roar?

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
I'm 5' 11". I'm not sure if there is any more 'roar'. The windshield protects and blocks the wind quite a bit for it's size. You just need to watch for those big bugs that might come directly at ya and aren't affected by the slip stream.

We don't have a problem talking via the intercom. No excessive mic noise.

As I said earlier, I am very happy with it. In fact, I love it. It makes you feel like you are riding a motorcycle. That is why we ride, isn't it?? :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,
Thanks for the Comments, I don't care to look through the windshield myself either. I see tulsa will do custom sizes also, :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts