GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tulsa tall windshield. 11 years old. Scratches. Want to replace, but the company is out of business. Does anyone know where I can get a tall windshield that is as close to the Tulsa as possible? Is there a company that may have picked up the ball and continued production? 2008 GL1800

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would think you might be able to take that windshield to a glass place and they might be able to polish it.
Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Clearview Shields make GL1800 shields up to 5 inches taller with OEM Honda vents.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
S O L D I have a Tulsa Tall tinted with the vent hole. Used it about 400 miles and couldn't get used to the tint vs a clear shield. I wear glasses and believe that it might have to do the tint in my glasses not being compatible with this windshield. $80 shipped to any lower 48 address.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
FWIW, I too used Tulsa tall shields for many years and thought they were great. When I needed another and found out that they had gone out of business, I switched to the F4+4 and like it even better.

Reactions: F4Customs

·
F4 Customs
367 Posts
F4 Customs Inc makes a windshield that is 4" taller than a stock and many of our riders that have used Tulsa in the past have switched to our shield and really like it better. This shield is great for the rider and co rider also. Since it doesn't lean back as far it takes the air up and over the co rider greatly reducing the head buffetting and mic noise.
www.f4customs.com

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Have a buddy who just replaced his Tulsa X-Tra tall. He loved it, but it shattered when the bike "2002" fell over severely on a sloped driveway. The mirror housing was a scratch and also the saddle bag. Most of the damage was to the Tulsa.
He replaced it with a F4+4. Repaired the paint scratches. Now he's really happy. Loves the F4.

Corventure Dave

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you really like the Tulsa and want to try something to get the scratches out like i did on my old Vetter w/shield and my Slipstreamer on my GL1500.

The fine scratch remover #2 might clear it up without getting the heavy scratch remover #3 and then put on the polish #1. The polish helps make it look clear and also helps with shedding water.

https://www.novuspolish.com/

On my '12 i bought an Optic Armor +4 and it is really clear and scratch resistant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts