GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM 5' 11", WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHICH TULSA WINSHIELD SHOULD I BUY FOR AN 07 1800, THE REGULAR OR THE X-TRA TALL. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFF. ON THE PASS., ANY OTHER RECCOMENDATIONS ARE WELCOMED.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Can't help but wonder if you didn't mean TULSA windshield's?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
assum ing you are referring to Tulsa...
I'm 5'11" and the standard was good for me.

As for your passenger,it will depend on her height.
My wife is only 4'11" and says that none of the windshields I've used(OEM,Tulsa,Windbender) have affected her in any way.
What changed things for her was the mirror and faring wings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff in Ferndale WA said:
assum ing you are referring to Tulsa...
I'm 5'11" and the standard was good for me.

As for your passenger,it will depend on her height.
My wife is only 4'11" and says that none of the windshields I've used(OEM,Tulsa,Windbender) have affected her in any way.
What changed things for her was the mirror and faring wings.
YEA !!!!!! I HAVE CALLED THEM EVERYTHING FROM TUCSON TO PHOENIX TO TULSA, THANKS , I'VE CHANGED IT.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I believe Alan from Tulsa recommended the tall windshield if the passenger was over 5'9". This was in reference to the original Tulsa shield. Call Tulsa, Alan is a standup guy and will give you the proper onfo.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The biggest "Bang for your buck" is a set of mirror wings (about $35?). Preferably BakerBuilt ot similar that are adjustable so that you can direct air in during hot weather. (Tulsa's mirror wings are not adjustable as I understand it) :wink:

Good Luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
pjg991,

I'm only 5'8", SO is 5'6". I'll give you her imput as to what a difference the Tulsa made for her. Now some like riding behind the windshield, some like seeing over the top of it, your choice.

The wife says with the OEM Honda windshield she felt like she was getting blasted by the wind. We rode a friends GL with a Tulsa +2. She liked it and I didn't mind seeing through it.

We ended up getting the Tulsa extra tall and have never regreted it. Now she says she doesn't even get a breeze unless I open one of the Air Wings. But that's how she likes it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
384 Posts
PJG
Give me a call, we'll be glad to help you with your questions.
Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprises
800-824-6566[/b
]

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I've got the Tulsa adjustable, and due to the extra width it has relieved much of the buffeting on my wife's shoulders when raised to the proper height. The first add on I did was the Baker mirror/hand wings which made a huge difference for my wife. Start there, it's a cheap way to make her more comfortable.

Mine also has the vent which will be wonderful come the summer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You'll probably be looking through it no matter which model you get. I have the x-tall and love it. You just have to be careful getting on and off so you don't look studid bumping your head on it.
Chopper

·
Registered
260 Posts
My bike already had the tall Tulsa windshield on it and I was glad. I had put one on my last ride. (GL 1200) They make a big difference. I will say that if you ride in and out of the mountains and valleys, you will get fogging that you will not be able to see through. Some people claim that the vents help that but have also heard from some, that the vents do not help. ???

My SO really likes the side wings and the mirror wings. The side air was the biggest blast for her. You will notice a little bit of handling change at first but will not last long. Well worth keeping the partner happy. Also will help on the passengers sound system noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts