GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this should be so simple :oops: does any one have pictures of tunnel fillers properly installed? I cant tell exactly where they sould be positioned. I mean it's just foam it could end up anywhere.
Thanks for the help.....KC :?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sorry... no pics but fairly easy to explain (maybe):

The fillers are kidney shaped. The large curved end goes towards the back of the bike with the curve wrapping around the front fork tube. So the inside curve is toward the centre of the bike (against the fork tube).

Install from the front of the bike with the handlebars all the way to the opposite side that you are installing. Push up from underneith as far as they will go.

After installation, you will notice that they compress when turning the handlebars. This is normal and they will return to their normal position when you straighten the bars again.

I have noticed that if you lock your handlebars overnight, the left side filler stays compressed when you unlock and straighten. I usually have to re-arrange it from underneith to get a good fit again but it only takes 5 seconds to do.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
the handle bars lock to the left too? ;)

As mentioned the fillers do compress and expand well. I've had no trouble with the fillers moving after the bike sits with handle bars locked for 2-3 days.

Tom Pickett said:
Sorry... no pics but fairly easy to explain (maybe):

I have noticed that if you lock your handlebars overnight, the left side filler stays compressed when you unlock and straighten. I usually have to re-arrange it from underneith to get a good fit again but it only takes 5 seconds to do.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts