GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked and did not find any pics of the tunnel fillers installed, so I thought I would post some. These are the prefab ones from Cyclemax for $10. Knocked the right headlight wire loose putting it in.

pics are centered, full left and right turn. No difference on strait away, but a bit awkward for low speed steering. Only had them in a little bit, but they do not seem to be bunching up...yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'm on my second set and wouldn't ride without them.
Big end to the back on both sides.
I put mine in from the top(one side at a time) and then reach under the fairing and straighten them out.
I take them out every month and clean them.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I bought a set and was surprised at how well they worked in stopping that annoying back pressure I got with the vent closed​

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I was given a set and hadn't installed them.
Do they make it hot behind the faring when riding in summer ?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
I bought a set back when my bike was new in 2008. I may have been putting them in upside down or backwards but they always were bunching up or whatever. I never thought they did a whole lot when they were in there. Finally took them out and trashed them.
thecruiser

·
Registered
374 Posts
wouldn't ride without them.
Big end to the back on both sides.
I put mine in from the top(one side at a time) and then reach under the fairing and straighten them out.

+1

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Made my own in 2006 from a full scale pattern I found on line. (I still have it)
They have been in place since then with no problems.
The stiffness of the foam is a huge thing.
If the foam is real stiff it will bunch.
If it is real soft they don't want to stay in place.
I cut mine from cervical spine blocks we use at the firehouse when securing people on the stretcher before EMS transport.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I was given a set and hadn't installed them.
Do they make it hot behind the faring when riding in summer ?
Mine sat around for 6 months before I put them in thinking the same thing .. Did not effect riding in heat , 90s, that I could tell , I do have baker wings with lowers and vent so I do get plenty of air when I want

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
:yes1:
I bought a set back when my bike was new in 2008. I may have been putting them in upside down or backwards but they always were bunching up or whatever. I never thought they did a whole lot when they were in there. Finally took them out and trashed them.
thecruiser

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Put mine in when the GW was new in 06. Took them out 1 time to clean and put back in. Still there! Maybe I will clean them again this summer...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Had mine in since I bought the bike, they make a huge difference in the amount of gunk coming up thru the tunnels. They stop rain, bugs, dirt, sand & road grit from coming up & getting in your radio buttons & gumming them up and also stop a lot of cold air in early spring & late fall. Judging from all the crap that is in them whenever I clean them they are doing their job & I will get another set when these are done with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts