GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my two foam tunnel fillers and parked her in the garage. One fell out over night and bounced across the room. I thought I had lost the other one but found it hanging by its edge in the tunnel of the forks. My problem is I threw away the instructions.

Does the smaller end go toward the front and the fat end toward the rider or vice versa?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
They go in just like the photo. Small end to the front, and up high next to the black inner cover.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Is it OK to take them out periodically for washing? Mine seem rather dusty. Will washing change their shape?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It shouldn't hurt them at all, they are made of closed-cell foam. If they have been there a while though, they may have deteriorated and may be fragile too. You'll know when you start to remove it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Had them in for severeal years. Mine are seriously deformed from being in place so long. But they still work. I have had them to work loos a few times, but never fall out.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, now I have a way to remember....

keep the big part towards my big azz! And the little part towards my little.....uh, okay, I think I've got it.:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
So just what are the 2 chunks of foam rubber really for?

They keep dust, bugs and other debris from coming off the road onto the rider. Bee stings are also reduced by the use of tunnel fillers

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you soak then down, wring them out and let try they go back to their original shape. Cliff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts