GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a photograph of these items fitted. Are they fitted from the bottom or the top. The foam that mine are made of seems to be very High Density Foam and not very flexible. Any help would be appreciated.

:rw1: :rw1:

·
Registered
353 Posts
For the left one you turn the handle bars to the right and insert from the bottom, for the right one you turn the bars left and insert from bottom, I could try to take a pic but not sure how it would work out.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yes ! What kurt said. They will compress each way and feel a little funny at first. Like your steering is restricted. But it won't take long before you'll get use to them.......................

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Big Red!

I have those tunnelfillers and I think the fitting is a little bit diffuse.
I think the fillers gets in the way when I make a full turn. I can´t feel the stop. In the left tunnel goes a wire from the handlebar (If I remember right) that can´t move freely when the fillers are fitted.
Sometimes I have to adjust them.
I can take some pictures tomorrow if you like.

The good things is that you avoid gravel in the radio buttons and get rid of some air flow.

The install goes like Kurt said.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
As posted... I installed mine from under the fairing area.

Since a few months have passed I had to go look to see if they are still there........ they are.

I have no steering issues with my tunnel fillers.

What does Ron Popeil say: " Set and forget "....... ?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
installing tunnel filters

After you get used to them, it's easier to install them from the top versus the bottom. Once you know how they sit after the install, it's a snap to install from the top.
JD
:biker:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed mine from the bottom as posted above. No problem, no restriction on steering, and thanks to Red, I just ran out to see if they were still there. I forgot I had them installed.
They do stop some of the air flow, and keep some of the road crap out. Will probably have to wash them once in a while. :shock:

·
Registered
168 Posts
There's a set of "tunnel fillers" on e-bay at the moment. Ahhhhh - free enterprize!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.