GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a few scuffs from boots on the bag lids from the SO. She just can't help from kicking the bags.
Any ideas on polish to try. I heard that Plexus or Novus might work.
Open to Suggestions.

BTW---- Can't leave her home either

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
O5 DARK GREY C.E.A.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
try McGuires scratch remover... i got some at Wal Mart.. it took off the
scuffs on the side of my shelter... I find the clear coat very soft on the Wings...

cosmic

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Like you said, Plexus or Novus might work, but the Honda Glare polish will work. Rub it in until it disappears, then do it one more time. This is some really Good stuff, and it's Great protection also.

Just make sure you say Glare polish, not regular Honda polish.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. Raining here all day tomorrow(Fri.) and forecast for the entire weekend. Might as well clean up the ride .

DEPUTY DAWG :cop2:
05 DARK GREY C.E.A

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Plan ol' green turtle wax paste worked for me
(non abrasive)

took about 3 or 4 coats

Dennis

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Gwyn's only allowed to wear thick soft socks when she rides with me. When it's cold, I let her put on soft house slippers. Tupperwares looks as good as new.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The only way to protect it is to buy the scuff guards. Tehy are for sale in lots of places. they are not the prettiest thing in the world but if you have a passenger most of the time they do work.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If the scuffs won't come out, hide em with chrome.

Gwyn's only allowed to wear thick soft socks when she rides with me. When it's cold, I let her put on soft house slippers. Tupperwares looks as good as new.

If I tried that, my tupperware would look good as new, too. Because it would never get out of the garage.......and I would be in the ICU..... :lol:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use the Harley, Swirl and Scratch Treatment, #94655-98. It takes out scratches on your Tulsa Windshield without any residual distortion, plexiglass body like the shelter, saddle bags and chrome. It will also polish aluminum pieces so they look mirror like. Recently made a light bar for the small RIVO cooler rack with 5 LEDs, 2 signal and 3 brake and the aluminum angle shines like chrome.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Heres what works for me. I bought a electric polisher at Walmart a few years back. It cost $20 and I had every intention of using it to buff out the paint on my old pick-em-up truck. Truck hasn't been touched yet, but last year I decided to use it on the wing to see what it would do to the minor scrapes, scratches and mars that touring with an eye on the horizon and a little one on the back bring about. Used with Blue Coral clear coat polishing compound, or Kit wax swirl remover, or Meguiers scratch remover it works great. Pick your poison to match the seriousness of the job. For rub marks a little Mequiers and a few seconds of spin do the trick. Where my wife let her bike fall over in the driveway, several minutes of the polishing compound did about the best I could get. i am impressed with how tough the modern paints are. There seems to be a lot of clear. I buffed on a friends Harley that had some belt buckle scratches in the tank. It looked like it was through the clear, but after 20 minutes or so, it was gone. If you are not through the clear and the color you can probably bring it back. Those buffers are a great way to spend $20.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts