GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over at ST-Owners they have (and been there a long time.. I'm on my 3rd 'wing since my ST1300)
what they call the Tupperware Worksheet...https://www.st-owners.com/forums/threads/st1300-tupperware-worksheet.73238/
I found it took a lot of the stress and worry out of taking the bike apart
anyone got something similar for the 2018+ 'Wings?
Heck, anyone got an idea of where to get the pictures of all the body parts...

I think a community effort to accomplish building bodywork worksheets for the '18+ wing would be fantastic and fantastically useful for a large number of people.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Good idea, but have no clue as to good photos of parts and sequential orders for 2018
prs

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does this exist for pre-2018 wings?

I agree this is a great idea.

Reactions: proudpeacock

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. The OCD is strong in that one.

But, yeah, good stuff. If we had it.

I will admit with the ST1300 I used it a few times (printed and glued to cardboard with holes for the bolts and "rivets") and then I just had it printed and handy so I could see what fasteners went where (lost my cardboard attached hole punched versions, probably to an oil spill or some other mess)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
great idea. Fred, Max....are you listening? next time you install a TD system, do this and you can sell them to us. Id buy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've used this worksheet when doing stuff on my ST1300 also. Saves a lot of broken tabs, etc.

·
Registered
368 Posts
It's a very good idea, and I have one for my 2009 ST. BUT, we have ultra-clear videos produced by Cruiseman and Fred H that go far beyond this. For a couple hours shop labor you can have both providers' content. I'll take video over a spreadsheet any day.

Scott

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a very good idea, and I have one for my 2009 ST. BUT, we have ultra-clear videos produced by Cruiseman and Fred H that go far beyond this. For a couple hours shop labor you can have both providers' content. I'll take video over a spreadsheet any day.

Scott
Got Fred’s but don’t see why it has to be either or... I’d like both vids and worksheet please :grin2:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I started using zip lock bags. I put a label (blue tape on inside, writing on sticky side) on each bag for the item the "fasteners" hold on. Fred H. deserves the credit for it..... I do put both mirrors in the same bag, but with only 3 bolts each side, not a big deal. The only thing that does not take care of is for the long or short. I have been tempted to take a pic and mark it with long or short, but putting a little "s" on the few short locations will do for me (Fred gets full credit here). The only other time I used any zip lock bags for bolt hardware was when I rebuilt my '06 tranny. It took several months (after doing my 40 a week job) and I absolutely had to do something if I could not put the bolt back in its receiving threads with the part off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts