GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking inside the trunk and saw two swivel type knobs close to the backs of the turn/brake lenses. (1 on each side) These swivel and say open on them. Can comeone please tell me what these are for? I looked in the owers manual but had no luck. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was looking inside the trunk and saw two swivel type knobs close to the backs of the turn/brake lenses. (1 on each side) These swivel and say open on them. Can comeone please tell me what these are for? I looked in the owers manual but had no luck. Thanks for any help.
Helmet locks....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that makes sense. Kinda feel like an idiot now..tks

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that those were gun locks, oh I am sorry that is a different thread..lol

·
Registered
83 Posts

They release the helmet holders underneath your trunk, one on the left hand side and one on the right hand side.:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I thought they were for flushing out the toilet and urnal.

no need to feel foolish asking questions on this forum. Say i know lets ask about types of oil pople use there are lots of niffty areas in the bike. like open the trunk and there is plastic cover for more storage underneath
open that one and theres another for the cb. this bike is amazing and most of all fun to ride

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Wow, I've been using them to hang a couple of donuts on for a snack later in the ride.......umm

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the reply, on another forum I would have been totally destroyed, especially if it were Friday. I honestly looked in the manual, and once I had more info from here I found them in the PARKING section. Now why didnt I look there..

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
I appreciate the reply, on another forum I would have been totally destroyed, especially if it were Friday. I honestly looked in the manual, and once I had more info from here I found them in the PARKING section. Now why didnt I look there..
Obviously, for PARKING the HELMETS!:cool:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Because, Honda wanted you to ask this question....and then we could all beat you down for it.....:joke::joke: make for a lively day!!

just funning:lol:

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Just an addendum: Don't go tearing off with your helmets still hanging there or your tail lights will be flailed to bits.

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I try not to park mine very long! They are very handy though! A wealth of info here, just got to ask! Nice Bike

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The only problem that I have seen using those for helmet holders, is that the helmets touch and tend to scratch the rear of the saddlebags. I do remember seeing something like pads that is sold that could be placed on the bike to keep the helmets from causing that damage. I would imagine Hal would carry them if they exist.

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts