GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have clear front TS lens so need amber bulbs.

Wally world has about three differnt types with different numbers but the base looks identical. What are the differences (different wattages) or which one do I need?

TIA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
DANG!

That information is hard to find! First I looked in the Owner's Manual... no luck. Then in the Service Manual and couldn't find anything.

I guess the best thing to do is take your assembly apart and look at the number on the bulb you have (it is a two filament bulb). If you are changing over from red lenses to clear, get the number on the bulb you already have and add an 'A', (for Amber) to the end of the number.

If anyone knows where bulb information is listed for the Wing, please let us know!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,038 Posts
7443A is the Amber bulb, Good luck on finding the "A"

12Volt 21/5W
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
...If anyone knows where bulb information is listed for the Wing, please let us know!
Page 202 in my '02 Owners Manual... but it's NOT much help. It says 12 volts (but, we knew that :roll: ) and the wattages, but no part numbers. Oh, well. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
My 2002 has bulb #7443 in all turn signal, brake, and running light locations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
My 2002 has bulb #7443 in all turn signal, brake, and running light locations.
Hmmm... the rear turn signal bulb should be a single filament bulb.

Anyway, it appears there are only two different bulb types. However, it shouldn't have been too difficult for Honda to have included that information in the manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
All Boots No Saddle said:
MotorcycleBoy said:
My 2002 has bulb #7443 in all turn signal, brake, and running light locations.
Hmmm... the rear turn signal bulb should be a single filament bulb.

Anyway, it appears there are only two different bulb types. However, it shouldn't have been too difficult for Honda to have included that information in the manual.
I thought it would be different myself which is why I removed all of them from the right side one night just to verify. The only bulbs I have replaced are the H7 headlights so the factory installed them the way they are. It makes it simple to carry spares this way. Only 2 types of bulbs to worry about. I may have replaced the tag light but I don't remember for sure. The tag light is different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Front signal bulb replacement

Can anyone tell me how to get to the front turn signal/running light to replace the bulb. Do I have to remove the mirror? Thanks, Dale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
Remove the mirror by taking out the screw on the bottom. Bulb carrier will be right there. Bulb needed is 7443A and is dual filament. If you need a single element bulb I believe that should be a 7440A. However I think all the ambers are dual filament, that is, running and signal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
front turn signal bulb replacement

Thanks for the quick reply. Now that you mention it, I believe there is a hole in the bottom of the mirror to access the screw. Can't wait for it to stop raining here in central FL so I can check. Thanks, Dale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,246 Posts
Re: front turn signal bulb replacement

barbdale3 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Now that you mention it, I believe there is a hole in the bottom of the mirror to access the screw. Can't wait for it to stop raining here in central FL so I can check. Thanks, Dale
If you still have the standard amber lens, use the clear 7443 bulb. You only need the amber 7443A bulb if you've replaced the amber lens with a clear lens.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top