GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any your wing come stock with clear front turn signal lenses and amber bulbs?

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Clear lenses and amber bulbs are an aftermarket add-on. To my knowledge, all Wings come with yellow lenses and clear bulbs.

I just added clear lenses to mine and I really like the looks better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Clear lenses and amber bulbs are an aftermarket add-on. To my knowledge, all Wings come with yellow lenses and clear bulbs.

I just added clear lenses to mine and I really like the looks better.
Are they as visible in daytime sunlight as the stock orange ones? Just wondering if there is a safety trade-off for style?

·
Banned
792 Posts
Are they as visible in daytime sunlight as the stock orange ones? Just wondering if there is a safety trade-off for style?
I have clear lenses and amber bulbs and they are just as bright and visible as the stock set up and it looks much better I think.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Why did Honda put the most visible turn signals on the front and the dinky one on the tail ? On-coming traffic does not necessarily need to know what I'm going to do, I have to yield to them. The fellow behind me needs to be aware that I'm about to change direction.They got it bassackwards from a safety perspective.

·
Banned
792 Posts
Mine look to be smoked lenses as well. Here is a good comparison of stock and mine. IMG_0875.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yellow LED's with Clear Signal Lense

I put LEDs in with the clear Lenses, but had to modify them because there were no isolating diodes. After I put in a new resistor and isolation diodes, the LED's worked ok. You can order more expensive 7443LED's that should have the correct electronics..
Mine look to be smoked lenses as well. Here is a good comparison of stock and mine. View attachment 51493

·
Banned
792 Posts
Why did Honda put the most visible turn signals on the front and the dinky one on the tail ? On-coming traffic does not necessarily need to know what I'm going to do, I have to yield to them. The fellow behind me needs to be aware that I'm about to change direction.They got it bassackwards from a safety perspective.
It is not so much the turn signal but the running lights up front. Many accidents are caused by people pulling out or turning in front of motorcycles because they just do not see them. I have friends who were in wrecks and both were from someone making a left hand turn right in front of them. Another lost his leg because someone pulled out of a side street right in front of him. That is one of the best reasons to have lights up front.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It is not so much the turn signal but the running lights up front. Many accidents are caused by people pulling out or turning in front of motorcycles because they just do not see them. I have friends who were in wrecks and both were from someone making a left hand turn right in front of them. Another lost his leg because someone pulled out of a side street right in front of him. That is one of the best reasons to have lights up front.
I can't and would not argue with that. I'm sticking with the stock yellow turn lenses because they are the bightest IMHO, not the most aesthetic, but the most visible. But I still consider the rear turn signal on the back of my '08 to be almost imperceptable in daytime riding.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I cured the problem with auxiliary turn signals and I converted the upper lights from tail to signals on the outside.
110126 Hazzard Lights rear.jpg

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
YOU NEED THE TRUNK WING WITH LED STOPPING BULBS... I wouldn't ride without it, seriously!!! :22yikes:

I can't and would not argue with that. I'm sticking with the stock yellow turn lenses because they are the bightest IMHO, not the most aesthetic, but the most visible. But I still consider the rear turn signal on the back of my '08 to be almost imperceptable in daytime riding.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I cured the problem with auxiliary turn signals and I converted the upper lights from tail to signals on the outside.
View attachment 51520
I've done the truck lights to all four brake lights. What's going on down there on your saddle bags ????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts