GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this some place before and I decided to try this on my bike . I took some LED lights that I had left over from making my own muth mirrors. I took off my left speaker housing and drilled 4 holes 1/2 inches apart then I soldiered 4 leds and a resistor inline and I put the led's in the holes and hot glued them in and then I put silicone adhesive over the hot glue to make it water proof .

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
WITHOUT PICS = JUST A DREAM :shrug::shrug::lol:

·
IronMan
17,462 Posts
NICE !!!:thumbup: SO THEY WORK WITH TURN SIGNALS ??GUESS JUST HOW YOU WIRE THEM FOR POWER ! ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they just work with the turn signals . I taped into the wiring harness under the trunk where a person would hook up a wiring harness for a trailer. I soldiered all of my connections and used shrink tubes to make a water tight seal. When you stand at the back of the bike you can see the lights and if you walk to the front of the bike you can see it flashing from all directions . I am hoping that this will add more awareness to others drivers when I am riding

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
I think Rocky did that mod on his bike also (damn, did I say Rocky?)...looks good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts