GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as Aquafire was following me home (I was in the cage) on my '07, I noticed the turn signal continuously flashing in the rear view mirror. when we got home, sure enough, now the turn signals do not auto-cancel. Pushing in the center of the button will not cancel the signals either.

The dealership had to remove the left control unit to replace my heated grip so I am assuming something happened during that repair. Maxim will fix it under warranty, but I thought if it was something simple, I might fix it here. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Sounds like a pinched wire in the handle bar area.
Or the dealer didn't plug in the cancel unit back in.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
The cancel unit is under the front steering tunnel, up under the lower tripple tree. The other pin connector is in the steering head.

So highly unlikely that is even related and would not have been disturbed with heated grip installation.

But a pinched wire or cut wire or shorted wire, is highly possible in the handlebar cluster.

All this ties into the speedometer and the brake also.

I would suspect the problem is at the bar cluster wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing happened to me after washing the bike two weeks ago.....

At first I thought it had something to do with water getting into the switch but it should be all dry by now.

Still won't auto cancel and pushing in the switch has no effect either.

Suggestions?

Thanks

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,198 Posts
The bank angle sensor has nothing to do with the turn signals. I think they pinched the pink wire in the left hand switch assembly. If they pinched it to the handlebar, it is grounding the cancel unit and causing it to not cancel and the manual cancel won't work because the pink wire being grounded would be telling the cancel unit to turn on constantly.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,198 Posts
You can take the switch assembly apart to look at the wires, but the most likely place they pinched it is under the handlebar cover on the bottom of the arm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts