GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No signals could here what sounded like a short in the small green connector that goes to the angle sensor goes to the bottom of the bike. Took out the angle sensor and plugged it up on top and the signals worked but fast. My signals were flashing extremely fast all bulbs are good. The four way flashers work at normal speed. The fuse is not blown and I have switched the relay under the seat. Shut the bike off the turn signals quit flashing. Can this be the angle sensor shorted out ? All bulbs are working.:shrug:

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
The tiny green cancel connector that goes down the post of the frame where the bars hinge along with the "sweep" at the bottom might have a bad pin or a broken wire. They are quite small.

A fast signal flash normally means you have a "bulb out" so do all your signal bulbs work?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think Waldo has you looking in the right direction. Did you wash the bike recently??? Is the cap over that connector sealed on good?? A high resistance short may also cause the rapid flash. Or a leakage caused by moisture, rubbing or water. Good and easy place to start your search.

·
IronMan
17,674 Posts
Is there a flasher like on a car thats what they do when gone bad

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.But the rubber cap was off they were working just fast cut off bike and back on turned the handle bars then no signals. Bike has not been washed. If it is the flasher where is it located and where is the four way flasher at I can interchange them to see if the signal flasher is bad.

·
Vendor
18,148 Posts
Sorry, but I am confused. The connecter to the bank angle sensor is green and under the RF mirror. There is a turn signal cancel unit that sits inside the steering head with a green connector. Can I assume the OP is talking about that? And not sure what a short inside a connector sounds like!!! Shorts blow fueses. Maybe high resistance from corrotion or a bad connection?

Yes it has a flasher. Honda calls it a flasher relay and it sits under the windsheild ratchet mechanism. The easiest way to get to that is to remove the windshield and visor.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
OP mentioned the green connector so we determined it's the cancel unit that he is talking about. A short there can cause the signals to "cancel" right now but dunno how they would make a bulb out condition.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waldo you are right it is the angle sensor that goes down the steering stem still at the same place no turn signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts