GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has an issue with short delay before the turn signals automatically turn off? Perhaps its just my method of driving but it seems that when I flip the turn signal switch to make a turn, by the time I get to the intersection and I'm looking at more important things (like other traffic), my turn signal automatically shuts off and everyone around me is wondering which way I'm going. :arrow:
I know all I have to do is flip the switch again but it doesnt seem to be in my habit pattern from riding other bikes and I am continuosly finding myself "Turn-Signal-less" at the wrong time. :!:
I'm not bitchin, just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this, is the delay time adjustable somehow? I think the manual says its based on distance traveled, 1500 ft or something. The delay seems to be more fit for lane change during highway driving, not turning at intersections. :?

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
You're not the only one that has noticed that the signals cancel way too quick. I have gotten into the habit of hitting the button two or three times as needed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have also run onto this problem. My dealer says that if you hold the switch through the timed period it will stay on, it does work but I always forget to do it and I also forgot how long he said the cycle for auto shut off was. Age I guess :?

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
I agree they usually shut off to soon. It gets to be quite a complicated issue when you think about it,if they were to shut off to late that wouldn't be good either mayb even worse in the long run. Someday they will figure out a better system but untill then I guess we will have to make the best of it. I think maybe Honda should be doing a little more to make owners aware of this situation and what to do about it.

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Someday they will figure out a better system but untill then I guess we will have to make the best of it.
They had it "right" on the previous Wing. They also had the AVC "right" on the previous Wing & Valk Int! The Bean Counters at Honda must have found a cheaper way to do it! Not better, but cheaper! :(

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ain't no thang

Red,
Folks did whine about this issue years back on the GWrra Bd, about the 1500s. I think it was the only thing that one could be unhappy with on the 1500.

Right on CycleDude,
Personally, I just can't get my knickers twisted about it. The turn signal will stay on indefinitely when stopped and for about 7 seconds when moving (not too hard to remember). If you have a different situation,....... adapt. I always have to hit it a second time when riding in formation, but get rewarded by having it go off on its own while a few of my Harley buddies still flash for a few more minutes, after the turn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts