I have looked high and low thought the search part of this forum and
can't find the thread about the lazy susan the fellow built for his garage

any body remember it?

thanks
Jim

·
Registered
221 Posts
I remember that post. Someone built a rotating platform much like a locomotive would use. As I recall it was made of wood and had ball bearings for the center portion rotation part. He even posted plans I think. I can't find it either but at least I can tell you that you are not having a senior moment.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It takes two people... one to put his foot against the end so it will not move when you start to roll the bike up and onto the stand. If not, it will 'shoot' out as soon as the bikes front wheel starts to roll up and onto the stand. :popcorn:

They had one assembled at the local Harbor Freight store and they let me try it outside. Took it back in and thanked them... rode off into the sunset! (without the dolly!) :evil:

·
Registered
19,049 Posts
I have a turntable. It is a VPI Clasic w/ a Dynavector 20X. If you have to ask you would not understand:doorag:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
It takes two people... one to put his foot against the end so it will not move when you start to roll the bike up and onto the stand. If not, it will 'shoot' out as soon as the bikes front wheel starts to roll up and onto the stand. :popcorn:

They had one assembled at the local Harbor Freight store and they let me try it outside. Took it back in and thanked them... rode off into the sunset! (without the dolly!) :evil:

You do realize that all the wheels have locks on them-right.:shrug:

Maybe they forgot to explain that part to you?.:eek:4:

·
Registered
20,944 Posts
i not sure what u are attempting to accomplish but if u just want an easy way to turn the wing around in the garage

i use about 2 feet of old conveyor belt placed under the centerstand, by pulling on the left handlebar and pushing down on the left passenger handgrip i can spin the bike around very easilly, a little water under the belt makes it work even easier :thumbup:

a piece of old carpeting would probably work almost as well

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
i not sure what u are attempting to accomplish but if u just want an easy way to turn the wing around in the garage

i use about 2 feet of old conveyor belt placed under the centerstand, by pulling on the left handlebar and pushing down on the left passenger handgrip i can spin the bike around very easilly, a little water under the belt makes it work even easier :thumbup:

a piece of old carpeting would probably work almost as well
I have used an old cookie sheet for the same purpose. The bike spins around very easily when the center stand is on the metal cookie sheet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts