GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really starting to turn green here so it was time to finish up my trike Remodel... where to start, how about a New Windshield Wiper by Peer Clear, have a momentary push pad and a Toggle off/on - Added a clear piece of door edge to the top of the F4+4 to keep the rain & wiper water leaving to the outside and it worked great this past weekend , Added hand wings under the mirrors, Added Upper & Lower Baker Wings and Trike Wings, Removed my Roadsmith Wing Guards and changed their position to more centered and at the same time changed all fluids to synthetic Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40 with the longer Purolator ML16817 oil filter, Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4 Brake Fluid drained all three wheels and Clutch System. Works like new... soo smooth!! Next was a foot adjustment to gain more options... lots of folks have said the Kuryakyn Heel Toe Shifter will not work with a trike kit / partially right, you need a little adjustment for it. When mounting it requires a 3 degree spacer you will notice in the photo and longer S/S bolts to secure it all. So while I was engineering this I found also that Kuryakyn has a new floorboard although its not listed for GL1800's but it is really cool, a floorboard that folds-up out of the way... requires some little splined adapters and yes they work also, at least for 265# and shrinking.. I can now state that the Roadsmith Yellow Stuff brake pads they are now using are the best you can do for stopping power, only require about half the effort once broken in.. squeal the rears anytime now... Great!!

If you require other info on any of my installed goodies just ask, or how I did something, always here to help!!

Now for photos....

I got all my pinstripe retouched and added the eagles, not to graphic just tasteful in the right colors!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Bob, looks good.
I bought a jug of that oil and will be changing to it this weekend.
I took the cover off mine and fired it up yesterday.
Took it downtown this am for the paper and also a stop at McD's for breakfast.
Sure feels great to be on it again.
I have to go to Madison on thursday for my annual pacemaker checkup.
I was thinking about taking the trike but the weather is iffy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,
Where did you find big jugs, I've only found it in qts, make sure its Mobil 1 4T Racing 10W40 with the RED Label for motorcycles. Jaso rated

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have not heard of the Roadsmith yellow stuff brake pads, is this pads that you buy through Roadsmith, I am very interested if there is more or easier braking power.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll say it again " that is one good looking Roadsmith ". Looks like you have everything under control! Charley

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Very nice for sure Bob. Looking forward to checking out all the cool stuff in a couple weeks. Aside from all that time you spent on foot/feet things, I also will be getting at freshening up the ole gal with a complete tune up. Having a bunch of the Mid-Atlantic Mob members over the Saturday before Easter for a "Garage Party." With this group, I know for sure that there will be a bunch of BS going on, LOL. (Bike Stuff) Did I mention there will be fresh donuts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I have not heard of the Roadsmith yellow stuff brake pads, is this pads that you buy through Roadsmith, I am very interested if there is more or easier braking power.
Great job, Bob. I'm interested in this reply as well.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Very nice, sure is clean.

Like the bug scraper also. :lol:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Bob,
By gallon, I did buy 4 qts, not a gallon jug.
Couldn't find the gallons.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From Roadsmith and they have the best price... made by EBC in England with no markings just says Roadsmith

Contact Taylor Young at Roadsmith - [email protected] or Call them...

And yes they are much better than what came on the kit originally, also think the new Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4 fluid change and bleeding I did greatly improved the brake feel and response, was well overdue, did remove some foamy chocolate so water was present which makes you seem to have better pedal than you think.

Most MC brake fluid articles state to change it at the max. 2 years, some state yearly. The New Valvoline Synthetic Dot 4 is not suppose to absorb water, we'll see in a year or two....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll say it again " that is one good looking Roadsmith ". Looks like you have everything under control! Charley
Bob, I am complementing you on the changes you made yourself, not the install as reported by the gypsie on his website. YOU have made that a great looking trike!!!!! Charley

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice to take credit for a "Remodel" of MY existing trike kit. I really don't remember anyone in my shop but me working on MY TRIKE during the last 6 months, maybe MY Wife is a spy!!

Thanks to all that like the work... you to Charley!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts