GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time, (or maybe every other time) that I turn on my Zumo, it gives me a warning that my maps are over a year old and need to be updated. Is there any way to stop this annoying message? (besides updating it) I can't find anything in the menus.

I'm not willing to pay for an update so that some side street in Kalamazoo is accurate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Every time, (or maybe every other time) that I turn on my Zumo, it gives me a warning that my maps are over a year old and need to be updated. Is there any way to stop this annoying message? (besides updating it) I can't find anything in the menus.

I'm not willing to pay for an update so that some side street in Kalamazoo is accurate.

Hi Larry,

Can I suggest you ask your question on the Zumo forum : http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum

I am sure someone will answer.:?

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I could do that, but I prefer to ask the question here. Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Nuvi does the same thing and I asked Garmin about it. He said it's built into the software on a time basis and after a couple months I won't get the message anymore. Well, it's been 3 months and I still get the message on my Nuvi. So, I guess I'll just put up with it knowing my maps are less than a year old.

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, I think he just didn't want you to call back for a couple of months. Mine started doing it all the way back to last summer. I fired it up a few days ago and it is still giving me the message.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts