GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I like to replace the ugly orange turning signal in mirrors to white or gray. I think the actual turning signal is then made by lambs ? I have seen the same in cars and it seems to work fine. Is there anywhere available replacement ? Or maybe even for all turning signals ?

-Rauno

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Have not heard of clear replacements (yet). But that isn't to say there aren't any. Colored lamps might be a problem too, but I'm surwe someone will step up and correct me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Rauno,

I'll be the first one on board to order a clear set of front turn signal lenses. I don't like the amber color. I changed the front lenses on my Valk to clear and just run amber lights.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
By law the only colors visible from the front of a motor vehicle are amber or white, almost all manufacturers use amber for turn signals to differentiate them from running lights.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the clear color is legal at least in Europe (where I'm from). There are plenty of new cars which has no amber in turning lights.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The law states quite clearly, Indicator lights MUST flash AMBER front and rear, but that does not mean that the lenses must be amber, an amber BULB is suffice. I will be the first in my Country to have clear lenses if someone would get their act together and start making them. Most vehicles in our country have clear lenses. The amber glass on the back of the mirrors is an absolute disgrace on this bike and Honda should be ashamed of themselves for that design. Get your act together Honda and get this ugly looking lense changed. :roll: :x :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Get an orange bike and they don't show up so much. :lol:

I don't mind the amber lenses, but then my bike is IL Red.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you are going to make a comment, make it intelligent. My wing is also ilsun red and these amber coloured lenses do nothing for its appearance. We had enough of rubbish comments on the old board dont start them on this new one. When someone enters a genuine complaint on this board about the 1800 g/w they deserve a genuine response. :x

·
Registered
172 Posts
Let's see one friendly tease line :lol:

Answered with a :bomb:

Which is the rubbish comment destroying our new found harmony?

:rat: Bake

·
Registered
40 Posts
When someone enters a genuine complaint on this board about the 1800 g/w they deserve a genuine response.

I didn't know this was a complaint board :roll:

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Personally, I don't have any problem with amber lenses on the turn signals on the front of my Wing. But is this something to get emotional about and start flaming Honda?

If your preference is for something different than the way Honda made it, then change it. I'm sure that a clear lens and an amber bulb would be perfectly fine if that is what you preferred. Perhaps if enough people expressed a desire for clear lenses I'm sure there are aftermarket suppliers that would be happy to make them. But flaming Honda or people that don't agree with you isn't going to help your cause one bit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lucky Phil said:
I don't mind the amber lenses, but then my bike is IL Red.
I am waiting for my white 04 and clear would be perfect for that....

Also I think that for Titanium bike the gray lense would be very cool for that bike instead of amber.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Does anyone know if the Wings that go to Europe have clear lenses? Maybe one could buy them from a dealer over there.
Mick
:yw1:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
That sucks,I guess were all out of luck unless after aftermarket comes up with something
Mick
:yw1: :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks guys, I ride a Pearl Orange bike and from time to time I have wondered where the turn signal lights are located...I took a look today and sure enough there they are!! :clap2: :eek:w1:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah, Dr., I realize that my wife had two broken legs, and you put in pins and screws to hold them together. And, you told me that sometime in the future, her legs may just collapse, and she'll fall to the floor and get hurt. AND, you told me that the medication you gave her may not control her hot flashes, and cause her to overheat sometimes. I understand all that. But, doc, the color of her hospital gown REALLY sux; it just doesn't match the color of her eyes!! C'mon doc, get her a gown that matches!!

:a13: :22yikes:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I think this one would qualify as a "mutating thread"... :lol:

Barney, is this the bike you were thinking of?

This is the one from Chet's pages and for some reason he's not telling how he did it! (Forgot the link - http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing )

I wish he would, I think it looks great!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This is the one from Chet's pages and for some reason he's not telling how he did it!
He probably doesn't want someone getting a ticket to come back and say he is responsible! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts