GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to show up at Maurice's BBQ on Saturday for lunch with everyone.....really looking forward to it.

Here's my dilemma: I'm leaving Columbia headed north to attend the NASCAR Bristol race on Sunday. I wanna bring the bike, but I dread the 7-hour ride home Sunday in the dark after the race (race should end about 6 pm with an hour to get to the bike, suited up and clear the crowd at the raceway). That gets me home at about 2 am Monday, with all the route in the dark, dodging deer and traffic.

But, it would be worth it (maybe) if anyone wanted to scrape some pegs Saturday afternoon in the NC hills toward Waynesville/Asheville. How about it? Anyone game for some spirited riding Saturday after stuffing yourself with BBQ?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Help me decide whether to bring the bike or the cage.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If you havnt run it before try highway 11 of of I26 to highway 276 over the mountain into Bevard NC then on up to 276 and over the parkway into Waynesville. Great ride check out Blueridge MC camp ground just in Cruso NC

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Go ahead and join him, folks. Bob's idea of spirited riding makes Slow Jow seem like Yellow Wolf.:joke:

Actually, if he says "spirited", he means it. Wish I could join you, Dude.

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
Hmmmmmm...maybe I could talk Michele into making it a weekend. We could stay with our friend up in Asheville Saturday night. That'd be a blast! I'll let ya know Bobster!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided....I'm bringing the bike!

Clarkster and Michele are gonna head north with me after lunch.

Anyone else? You are welcome to join us.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
great...glad you are making it. I still hope to make it down. My Harley riding buddy cancelled out. So will take I95 down and do the quick ride.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clark, Michele and I headed out for the hills for a little twisty riding after lunch.

Many thanks to Boyd and Scott for guiding us up the road to US276 north of SC 11.

We rode up 276 to Brevard, where we had a nice conversation with a street preacher in a McDonald's parking lot. He even said a nice prayer over us.

From Brevard we made our way past the Cradle of Forestry to the BRP. We rode north on the Parkway before parting ways in Asheville.

The pic below is at a overlook rest stop near Caesars Head State Park in SC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts