GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The son-in-law of Board Member 'Dand' (Dan Drehof) was killed in a wildfire Monday afternoon. Josh was a Florida Forestry Firefighter and was working to contain a wildfire when he heard a call from another Firefighter that he had gotten hung up on a stump and the fire was getting close. Josh responded to assist and upon arriving he left the safety of his enclosed cab and both were caught in a flashover.

More info in the following links:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/28322644/detail.html

http://www.lakecityreporter.com/articles/2011/06/22/news/doc4e01415b54f66780426341.txt

·
Registered
156 Posts
Our prayers are with his family and friends. Another of our finest has had his last alarm call.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I fought wildfires for 41 years. I can understand the situation. My sympathies go out to their families, friends and co-workers.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Prayers for both of the family's involved, from Michigan.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Prayers sent to all. He is a hero

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Sincerest condolences to the families of two brother firefighters who have answered their last alarm.

It became the source of inspiration after 911, and it's no less significant today...,

"All give some..., some give all!"

Unfortunately, this is something that all firefighters and their families live with every day. There are many active and retired firefighters on GL1800Riders.com, and we all know the feeling.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Rest in Peace, Brothers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Our deepest condolences and sympathies to the family, friends and fellow firefighters of these two brothers, Josh and Brett. May they rest in peace.

·
Registered
818 Posts
We've lost too many brothers and sister already this year. My prayers for their families.

Steve
Captain - Dallas Fire-Rescue
28 years

·
Registered
140 Posts
Prayers sent for both families, especially Burch's wife who is going to have to raise 2 sons without a father. Can't even imagine the pain she's going through. God be with them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Funeral services for Josh will be Friday. Memorial services were held yesterday and Firefighters from Florida and several other states attended. The family wants to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers in this time of sorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts