GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
boy, oh,boy..it's cold here, but is to cold for me, right now it's 38, and the wind has picked up,..what make it so cold there is the wind coming off the gulf water, change the oil on the trike the other day...it only took two hours...??? Yes I did say that.....but not a bad as it sounded....I have a drag pan, so without thinking I pull the pan off...Big mistake.....I had wrote on the right side of the pan..do not remove to change oil....but I was on the left side.......it took the rest of the afternoon to get the dam thing back on...then I change the oil in 20 minutes....on my last bike the plug was in the center, on the bottom....I could have kick my butt a hundred times....I have a skin problem that any presser on the skin, will make it swell, so I don't like to us tools...for my hand will swell closed, and it feel like you on fire setting atop a red ant bed.....so not only is the hand on fire, but my hip's where I layed on the floor...so today...I'll watch a move today and go to the shop this afternoon......down time......so I guess it good that it's cold...late Emmitt:roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Emit what took so long to change the oil. You can change the oil in less than 20 min. Run the front tire up on block/ramp, drain plug is on the front beside the filter and usr a flat oil filter wrench unscrew filter. you don't have to remove anything.

Frank

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Emit what took so long to change the oil. You can change the oil in less than 20 min. Run the front tire up on block/ramp, drain plug is on the front beside the filter and usr a flat oil filter wrench unscrew filter. you don't have to remove anything.

Frank
It is Emmett we are talking about, Remember :!: :?:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
:joke:

Frank
Frank if you run the front tire up on a block or ramp the Trike will be on a rearward slope and the oil will not drain completely. Not everyone has the expertise and mechanical know how to do what you and I do. I believe he explained what took so long?

Sounds like he tried to do a little maintenance and experienced quite a bit of uncomfort in the process. Emmitt, I hope you're feeling better today.:thumbup:

P.S. Next time do what George L. does............ make the Mrs. do it:joke:
But watch out for flyin' tools;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I remember you telling me that you late Frank,...I had pull the drag pan...I sew where I had wrote do not remove pan...it was on the right side and I was laying on the leftside of the bike...it took so long in putting the thing back on....I had back the trike up on some ramps tojack up the back so the oil would run forward...oh I payed for it it pain.....did not know if you wanted me to come there or not..?....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Immet -

Suond like yu need to put a sine on left side says - chnge erl from rite side only! :lol:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Emmitt, I sure hope you used a new crush washer when you changed the oil. A new crush washer insures your oil plug won't leak.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emmitt, I sure hope you used a new crush washer when you changed the oil. A new crush washer insures your oil plug won't leak.
thanks George, yes I got one on it....:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,871 Posts
Poor taste....and offensive.....
I see your point! Well ? I guess that depends on what your read into it though? I personally don't understand why some guy named ERL has to be changed. How old is ERL? If he's a baby I can see where changing would become necessary. But if ERL is an adult maybe MCJack's post might just be suggesting his attitude be adjusted. ****Opps my GF just told me he meant OIL nor ERL Duh!

And speaking of Poor Taste did anyone see my good buddy Stumpy's comment that somehow Campbells Tomato Soup works better than homemade Clam Chowder? How unoriginal :roll: Hey Stumpy I suppose you add OYSTER CRACKERS to your stupid ole' Tomato Soup out there in Iowa don't ya'?????:yes::duck:

How well would it work then???? Huh?:tongue:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts