GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find out what air pressure Escapade owners are running in their air shocks ... also what tire pressure would be best for handling and longivity of tire life...

thanks,

cosmic

·
Registered
88 Posts
Escapade air pressures...

Shock air pressure: 20 psi for a load of 200 - 250 pounds.

Tire air pressure: 22 psi empty or loaded.

Grease the wheel bearing once a year.

I have pulled it several thousand miles over the last few years, and only changed the tires once, and that was do to age, not wear factor. The trailer was a 1997 model. When I traded for a 2005 last year, I bought another Escapade that was colored matched.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
I would like to find out what air pressure Escapade owners are running in their air shocks ... also what tire pressure would be best for handling and longivity of tire life...

thanks,

cosmic
Cosmic,

They would have told you this information when you go to pick up the trailer, but Mr. McCulley nailed it pretty close.

Nothing but green lights.

Mike

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Cosmic,

Make sure that the person showing you your trailer at the factory adjusts the bolt under the hitch to accomodate your ball. You'd want the U-shaped paddle on your hitch, under the ball to be just right. Too loose and it'll come off and you'll loose it. Also bring a small pad lock or trailer hitch lock to put on your trailer, for 2 reasons. 1) For security and 2) So it won't accidentaly pop up and come off of your ball. Some people use a small bolt and elastic stop nut, but I like the pad lock for reason #1

Don't make the safety chains too slack so they'll drag on the ground and cross them over each other to create a craddle under the trailer's hitch.

Happy trailering.

Mike

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike... thanks... I got the Bushtec hitch and it comes with a lock for the
coupler... and I will check for proper fit for the hitch to my trailer hitch
ball..

thanks all for the info

cosmic

·
Registered
426 Posts
How do you grease the wheel bearing and what type of grease do you need to use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts