GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a single "Mark Read" button that will set the entire forum and all of its sections to "Read".
I've only found the button in each section.
I hope it is at the bottom of the forum like the old style.

When I open a thread in a section why does it display half way down the thread instead of at the top?
This happens now and then, not all the time.

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you have watched a thread at all, then the forum software notes the position where you were last.
Now, if you click on the title of the thread, it will take you to the 1st New Post since you last looked at that thread.

IF, however, you wish to start at the 1st post in the thread, click on the Date/Time the thread was started, that is immediately below the Thread Title. Pretty much centered there.

The only Mark Read button that I am aware of right now, is at the top of the page, and it marks the entire forum read, not just a single forum. easy way to get to that is to click 'NEW' up by your Avatar and then MARK ALL READ shows up on the left side, top.

Hey!!! I just now experimented, and if you click on the Forum's title, so that you are only seeing a single forum such as "for sale" the Mark All Button shows up there also, no difference in appearance, but it then asks you "Do you wish to make THIS FORUM READ? "

I paraphrased that wording.

·
Administrator
1,542 Posts
If you want to mark a specific forum as read, navigate to that forum. At the top you will see a button to “Mark All Read.

If you want to mark all threads in the community as read, click on NEW near the upper right-hand corners of the site.

Click on Mark All Read.

You will then see a popup confirming that this is what you want to do. Click “Mark All Read”.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
But the new method is not an improvement on the old board. It takes 3 clicks, NEW, MARK, CONFIRM to do what one click did before at the bottom of the main page.
Also the sub-forums requires clicking on the forum header and then scrolling to the desired sub-forum. And if one wants to see another sub-forum it has to be repeated. The old forum had them all listed, in fine print, on the main page, with bold print if any new postings. As I am based in Washington State this requires a click and several rolls of the mouse wheel just to find out if there are any new postings.
Neither of these new methods is an improvement on the old.
In general I like the new forum but it still can be improved more.

·
Administrator
1,542 Posts
Hi there,

That's what we're hoping to do. We have a change to the main landing page that will clear some of this all up for you. Please let us know what other changes we can implement to help things improve for your experience here.

-Gerrit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts