GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure I was going to fess up to this or not. But hey were all friends here right? So here it is. My wife ask me for a list of "goodies" I wanted for the wing for Christmas. So naturally I oblidged with a rather long list, hey as long as she was asking you know. One of the items requested and gotten was the wood grain dash panel. Come installation time I removed the cover from the box and noticed one of the clear plastic turn signal indicators was missing the "o-ring" cushing, that I'm assuming keeps it from coming off once the cover is installed. So I decided to remove the plastic indicator piece from the original cover and use it. They are only held on with those little "press" type washers and I noticed that once installed on the new cover that is was loose and appeared that the washer might come off. So in my infinite wisdom I dabbed some plastic glue on the "tabs" that hold the washers on so it would "NEVER" come off. Installed the wood grain dash and all was well until out riding a few days later and while making a left turn reallized I had put the plastic signal indicator on upside down so now the indicator for the left turn signal points to the right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You should sue the manufacturer for not including that warning in their instructions<G>
This could be a class action suit!!! just like the GL1800 wobble lawsuit<G>

TOO Funny :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Confession may be good for the soul, but sometimes it is entertaining for others.
Merry Christmas, hope you got everything you wanted.
Ride safe.
Bob D.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I can't believe you fessed up to that, your all right in my book. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think you should take off the right indicator and change it so it points to the left. That way, if your bike is ever stolen it will confuse the thief so much he'll just pull over and phone you to let you know where your :twisted: CURSED :twisted: bike is. :lol:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ddking said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Dan, the man has bared his soul to us here...
You shou.. :lol:
You shou.. :lol:
You shouldn't be....:lol: :lol:
Don't laugh at... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, What the hey! It was funny. :a13: :a13: :a13: :a13:

Hey Joey...
at least you can fall back on that old saying...
"three rights make a left"
At any rate....
Thanks for "POINTING" out your mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the replies.....look for me on the road.....I'll be the guy making all the right turns..... :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
>>

Just remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but two Wrights made an airplane! :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
2 rights

If you don't feel better after that confession, I'm sure a lot of other people do....Man that's funny----

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If two Wongs don't make it white..... you're at the wrong Chinese laundry! :lol:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Just keep doing the "RIGHT" thing. :D

Trev.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Auswing said:
Just keep doing the "RIGHT" thing. :D

Trev.
I think that right turns in Austrailia are left turns in the northern hemisphere. Or that's what I've heard...
It had something to do with the way a toilet flushes.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here's a bennie; if you're ever leading the group and make a wrong turn...."Hey! It's not my fault! I just followed the arrow!!" :lol: :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: >>

Bluewings & Bluebird said:
Just remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but two Wrights made an airplane! :lol:
I thought that saying was "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"

:wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts