GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow! Nice prizes.
I am hate it that everyone will be jealous when I start winning!
See everyone in March!

mike

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I am thinking of maybe coming down. I have a question about overnite facitlies. Is there a campground close? If there is a campground close, I am wondering how many more might be camping? What kind of weather is usually in your area that time of year?

I would be leaving from North Central IN. and the weather will definitely make a difference in my coming down or not. March 20 to 30 can be iffy from my end.

Mapquest shows it to be about 1138 miles from my door step. That is a 1 1/2 day ride by myself. All interstate except about 100 miles. I figure I can use a different route home and see some pretty country somewhere.

Hopefully the snow will be gone by then :) :)

Any more info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Marble Falls

Ross..........If the weather is bad you are welcome to drag your wing to my house and leave your trailer here and we can ride out togetehr. I am in Morganfield, KY just across the river from Evansville. About 280 miles south of you. Up to you. I have a decent sized driveway and your vehicle would be secure here.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ross ... since my wife wants to visit her kids in Texas, we'll be camping, too. Since she's going along, I have to drag the bike down behind the mini-motorhome (her idea of a long ride is a couple of hours) ... and it doesn't make much sense staying in a motel when you already have a bed in the back .. :lol: :lol:
Guess it's about time to start mapping out the trip ...
If you have a chance, take Jerry up on his offer of trailer parking and riding ... he's a real hoot on the road, most of the conversation on the CB goes like this: "oops, missed the turnoff, we'll be doing a quick u-turn"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Pete

Boy Pete..........For an old man you sure got a good memory.
Lookin' forward to seeing you next month. Also be nice to meet your wife. I may have some tid-bits of info to pass on to her. LOL

Jerry

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here's a link to a site that might be useful for areserving camping facilities in the area. There's a very nice RV park immediately across the river from the Hampton Inn hotel but I can't think of the name of it ( I'd bet that the hotel could get it for you, though). If I spot any more, I'll post them.

http://www.travel-memo.com/campsites/TX ... -Falls.asp

Good luck, dirive safely and see ya there!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inks Lake State Park is a very nice 20 mile ride away and has great facilities. Fact is one of the planned rides to Coopers BBQ goes right by there. I believe the city of Marble Falls has camping along the river very near the Hampton Inn in the City /county parks. Also commercial camping, nice, across the river. We can let you shower/ use bath room in the hotel -----for those that think they should bath ect. at least once a week. If you can get down to Memphis you might join up with Ron Melton as it is only 670 miles on down and if you stick close to Ron you can make it in half a day. SEE YOU THERE--- Barney

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WEATHER

OH YES THE WEATHER?????? THE old saying-- only Yankees and fools try to guess Texas weather so I'll say normally it's not too hot and not too cool. The best time of the year if we don't have thunderstorms that weekend. Just keep them crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts