GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a hitch for my 07 and would like opinions and reasons as to go with either Bushtec or Rivco.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You'll find many opinions that will vary, but I'll tell you why I chose Bushtec over Rivco.
I know with Bushtec that I will get good customer sevice (if needed), and I believe a quality product. I also am very comfortable with the mounting of the hitch to the frame with their design. I also like the fact the receiver is hidden and you can also remove the rear tire very easily.

I did'nt like the use of the rear reflector hole for the Rivco hitch. I have an LED light in that hole anyway. Not too sure I care for the mounting design either.
:biker:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I found the bushtec easy to install and well designed. Have to second the customer service comments about bushtec. i bought my roadstart used, but they couldn't treat me better when i call if I'd bought it factory direct.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
There hve been many threads about hitches and both the Bushtec and the Rivco have been treated in many posts. Do a search in the Trailer Board for Bushtec and Rivco. Should be more than an hour of reading.

There are things about Both I like and some I don't like, mostly having to do with the fixity of the receiver.

Bushtec fits up best and Rivco has the best strength to weight ratio. As with any subject that has been over treated on this board, you will probably do better to review what has been written already, because many who took a lot of time to post in depth reviews, don't feel like taking the time again.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I will search past threads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts