GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I post or reply to a post, it seems as though the keys on the keyboard are sticking, and to get the message typed, I have to go to word on note pad and type, copy, and past the message to this board. Post is blinking and acting up. What is the problem.. Not my keyboard, it works fine, and I do not have this problem except on this site. I did get a new HP computer with Windows 7 several weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I thought I was the only one having this problem. It only happens on my laptop and it is sporadic.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I was the only one having this problem. It only happens on my laptop and it is sporadic.

This is a desktop and I cant type a message on this site unless I do one key pause then another sometime I must hit thhe key several times.. scks .

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Okay guys, the simple fix.

At the top of your browser page, you'll see a section called "Tools" (the browser, not the GL1800 forum page).

Click on it, then select "Compatibility View".

Should be good to go. Major problem with computers running windows 7 - the older sites no workie so well unless you're in compatibility view.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

At the top of your browser page, you'll see a section called "Tools" (the browser, not the GL1800 forum page).

Should be good to go. Major problem with computers running windows 7 - the older sites no workie so well unless you're in compatibility view.
Testing, testing. Looks like that worked. Awesome. Thanks.
The other thing that seems to work is to click the big/little A's in the menu atop the reply screen, but that is temporary.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
:congrats::yes:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I too had the problem driving me to a "key action wait a second followed by next key action and so on...." very aggravating. Sure glad you told us about the compatibility fix! Thanks!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so let me see if this new fix works... HOLY Shooter... Yes it works Thank you so much.

JSR

·
Registered
9,112 Posts

Actually, it's not so much a Windows 7 issue, but rather an Internet Explorer issue.

If everyone would dump IE and get a REAL browser (Firefox or Google Chrome), Microsoft might get their proverbial heads out of their a$$e$ and fix this issue.

After the least IE security fiasco, seems like folks would get the hint that the browser is a piece of crap. http://www.cnet.com/news/stop-using-ie-until-bug-is-fixed-says-us/

You should ALL do yourself a favor and choose another web browser. Internet Explorer is absolute junk. Get wise and get a new browser!

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Opera

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow......this worked for me, too, although I have a newer version of IE and don't see "Tools" when I right click. But based on the information you provided, I was able to figure out how to do it on this version. This was a major pain for me anytime I tried to post something. Thanks very much for the fix.

·
Registered
423 Posts
:bow:Thank you!!! It was driving me crazy, but not anymore!!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Compatibility view

I did the recommended fix. Click on "tools" at the top of the page, on the web browser. Then click on "Compatibility View Settings". Add this web site, and you're good to go. What a relief! Those "sticking keys" or whatever where driving me crazy!

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,872 Posts
Actually, it's not so much a Windows 7 issue, but rather an Internet Explorer issue.

If everyone would dump IE and get a REAL browser (Firefox or Google Chrome), Microsoft might get their proverbial heads out of their a$$e$ and fix this issue.

After the least IE security fiasco, seems like folks would get the hint that the browser is a piece of crap. http://www.cnet.com/news/stop-using-ie-until-bug-is-fixed-says-us/

You should ALL do yourself a favor and choose another web browser. Internet Explorer is absolute junk. Get wise and get a new browser!

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Opera
I had the same problem ... finally got tired of messing with it and went to Firefox. No more problem!! :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts