GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Australia the crown or high side of the road is to the right of the bike .My Question is ,is it normal to have more wear on the right side edge of rear tyre or do I have some sort of alinement problem.In USA my guess it would be the left side.Tyre is Khumo195 rf.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
my front tires wear more on the left side. i use a car tire on the rear and i see no difference from side to side on the rear.
someone posted a long discourse once that said the crown of the road did NOT cause the left side to wear more; i'm not totally convinced that it does not at least contribute to some wear.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
To expound on the article ronab is talking about. I think the point of the article was that when we, here in U.S. make a left hand curve we are leaned over longer than in a right hand curve. Therefore more miles are put on the tire while leaned left. In your case it would be just the opposite. Whether it is true or not, who knows.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In Australia the crown or high side of the road is to the right of the bike .My Question is ,is it normal to have more wear on the right side edge of rear tyre or do I have some sort of alinement problem.In USA my guess it would be the left side.Tyre is Khumo195 rf.
My Kuhmo, driven 19,000 miles in US and Canada, wore more on the left edge.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I am not sure. I have always wore mine out in the center first!:oops::oops::oops:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I live in Aus also :yes1: I had a CT on 2 times and I did not notice any uneven wear patterns both wore out pretty even all the way across the tyre what PSI are you running

CHEERS :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts