GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I used it extensively for about 5 years and liked it most of the time before I switched to Furkot.com. Furkot has more functions and I planned lots of LD and local trips with it including even reserving hotels along the way.
All good and well until Google stopped providing free maps, so every routing making software (including the Tyre) switched to OSM maps and it became harder to draw routes without cross-referencing google maps as in OSM you'll have to zoom very close in order to see the roads especially the smaller ones. This makes the process more involved.
There's another software from maps.harley-davidson.com. HD don't use OSM maps (can afford a step higher option) and their maps are better. It's not as powerful as Furkot but still does the job. I used it on my trips to NC and VA. Eazy learning curve too as it's more simple one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as I know TyretoTravel is replaced by MyRouteApp. I use Myrouteapp for 2 years now and works good (tracks) with my zumo 396. It is free for a specific use. If you need all use you have to pay. 2 year ago it was 100 € for livetime. The advantage you have all sorts of maps. Here maps(garmin) Tomtom maps Google maps, and for me very important in Europe, Michelin maps. Michelin lines out all beautiful roads and mountain pass. Very simple to use.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree MyRoute-App is good and will work on a Mac unlike Tyre2Travel. But I've since found inRoute - an iOS app that is very good, and I've been using it since.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the Harley trip planner when I had my 2014 Ultra Limited.
I would also make routes and import them into my Garmin Street Pilot 2730.
I didn't think of trying to use it on my 18 Wing.
I guess as long as it makes the correct file, I just need to find a trip planner to make planning the route easier.
I know the Honda Trip Planner will not zoom down close enough to show a starting point in a shopping center parking lot. I have to ride around the parking lot to find the beginning point, or of course it will constantly try and route you back to that point. My last route was 200 ft off.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i use HD trip planner. super easy to use and loads straight into the bike without the need to convert or mess with the files

1 - 6 of 6 Posts