GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a few U.K e bay listings for the new 2014's. They are priced to sell at 24,999 LBS., which converts to 41,000.00 US!!!!!

Bradg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was 2!! The trike was another 3,000 lbs. or about 5200 US. They must make mucho lbs. over there!!

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
THINK THEY GET THEM FROM CANADA !:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, list price for a new 2014 Goldwing is £24999.00 but as we British have got obscene amounts of disposable cash we can easily afford what is small change to us.
Also we feel that £1.28 for a litre of unleaded petrol is stupid cheap and we are robbing the treasury of much needed cash to fund our fantastic network of immaculately maintained traffic free roads, so much so we look forward to having toll booths installed on motorways on top of the road fund licence (tax) we already pay.
Its not called "Rip off Britain" for nothing you know, and that's why we love it here and the government knows it ;-)

·
IronMan
17,451 Posts
SELL YA 05 CHEAP !! $17,500 PAY FOR THE GAS AND I'LL DRIVE IT OVER!:shock:;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
$17500 that's around £10500 which would be a fair deal for an 05 here, a dealer recently had a U.S model with 30000 miles on a 04 plate for £12500, bargain. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, list price for a new 2014 Goldwing is £24999.00 but as we British have got obscene amounts of disposable cash we can easily afford what is small change to us.
Also we feel that £1.28 for a litre of unleaded petrol is stupid cheap and we are robbing the treasury of much needed cash to fund our fantastic network of immaculately maintained traffic free roads, so much so we look forward to having toll booths installed on motorways on top of the road fund licence (tax) we already pay.
Its not called "Rip off Britain" for nothing you know, and that's why we love it here and the government knows it ;-)
HA!!! That is the best post I have seen today!! Just enough sarcasm to be hilarious!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
the wife wanted to know why it is so expensive? I told her that it is a right hand drive. I started to laugh and then she hit me. I am still laughing.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Yes, I enjoyed my time over there. I was paid in US dollars, and had to pay for everything using pound sterling. When the exchange rates would go up, my disposable income would plummet.

Regarding the prices of Wings over there - welcome to the land of value added tax and socialized everything. Coming to a country near you (as in here) soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts