GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any one that lives along US- 59, What kind of road is it,-- Good,, not so good,, very bad-- 4- lane, 2-lane ?? In 2015;;; Maybe' June;; July planning a trip from Louisiana, going to stay on us 59 as much as I can. {IN Iowa also}.staying off of the interstates,,, might go into Canada,,?? I went to Google Earth ,From there,, it looks like 2- lane, ,I will be camping as much as possible,, [Aspen Classic] Thanks for any help;;; Have a good ride,, Harold

·
Registered
11 Posts
HWY 59 is 8 miles west of my backyard. I have been on 59 south to Iowa border and as far north as Detroit Lakes. It is mostly 2 lanes that does have some 4 lane. There are places to camp along the way. I live north of Marshall, MN. If you want more information just ask. Jim

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drive 59 in Detroit Lakes, MN every week (currently under construction). Never looked to see how far it goes north and south. Sounds like a nice trip.

·
Love The DCT
11,798 Posts
To any one that lives along US- 59, What kind of road is it,-- Good,, not so good,, very bad-- 4- lane, 2-lane ?? In 2015;;; Maybe' June;; July planning a trip from Louisiana, going to stay on us 59 as much as I can. {IN Iowa also}.staying off of the interstates,,, might go into Canada,,?? I went to Google Earth ,From there,, it looks like 2- lane, ,I will be camping as much as possible,, [Aspen Classic] Thanks for any help;;; Have a good ride,, Harold
Since US 59 runs the entire length of MN, you can run it all the way from the MN/IA border to the MN/Canadian border. Here is construction projects on US 59 in MN right now. Overall, US 59 is a fairly decent road.

1. US 59 in both directions: Water main work. share
Between MN 60 and Nobles County Road 35 (near Worthington). Water main work is in progress. The roadway is reduced to one lane. There is a width limit in effect. Width limit 12'0". Until August 28.

Comment: City of Worthington water main project along Oxford Street from Jct. Hwy 59 & Humiston Ave. and east one block to Burlington Ave.; 12 ft. width restriction at Oxford Street. Work doesn't affect any of the 3 roundabouts east side of Worthington.
Last updated 05/26/2015

2. US 59 in both directions: Road closed Between MN 68 and Lyon County Road 24 (near Marshall). The road is closed. Road construction work is in progress. A detour is in operation. See map for detour(s). Until June 13.

3. US 59 in both directions: Bridge construction. share
Between Becker County Road 6 and US 10 (near Detroit Lakes). Bridge construction work is in progress. Road construction work is in progress. There is a width limit in effect. Width limit 11'0". Until October 16.

Comment: Traffic shifts due to bridge construction. Hwy 10 resurfacing and frontage road construction. For more information: Click Here Width restriction between US 10 and Willow Street/Long Lake Rd.
Last updated 05/08/2015

That is all the construction projects I could find on US 59 in MN from the IA border to the Canadian border. :doorag:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts