GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
interesting reading. I was suprised that they panned the yamaha road star so bad. I have admired it's looks for some time, though I have no experience with one.
Think I'll keep the gold wing however.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I like the Yamaha Stratoliner but frankly it deserved to be panned on some counts. It really is just thrown together rather than being designed as a touring cruiser.
The lack of sound system, electronic cruise are two things that strike me right off the bat.
It comes off as Yamaha just trying to cash in the batwing cruiser craze with a halfhearted attempt.
The Stratoliner is a great platform and deserves far better.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'll never forgive or buy from Yamahaha for screwing up the Venture Royale

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Its interesting that in these type of comparisons over the past few years the Harley has come out the shortest, lightest, with the smallest engine.

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
Picking between those three bikes would like having to pick which tooth to have a root canal on.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Harley Glide is the best looking bagger out there. Victory is not far behind and the Yamaha is...is...IMO...not even close to the others.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Having seen (and ridden) both a Street Glide and a Stratoliner come and go in the kid's garage, I'd have to say neither one was all that great. Neither one stayed for very long, however, the Glide lasted a few months longer than the Star. The only two-cylinder, air-cooled motorcycles that seem to stick around are BMW 1200 GS models, which are (of course) totally different machines than the road sofas tested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts