GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just at Cyclegear in Houston, tx. Talking to mgr and he uses the UClear HBC100 helmet communication. They had buy one at regular price of $159 and get 2nd for 1/2 off. Didnt expect too much, but got them home and paired up the bluetooth for my phone nice and quick and then paired the 2 helmets together. The speaker is in the earpiece. Was worried couldnt hear me, so called wife, of course i was in quiet living room. Could hear me nice and clear. Ear piece velcroed right into my multitec and her full face.

Any else tried this brand, i will report back as we will be traveling all summer.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no

Is this the one that does not have a microphone?
has the microphone in the earpiece, buts so far works well (in the house)also have 2 better versions and more expensive for rider to rider, but i only need for passenger 1 foot away. also enjoy your work. Keith used your goldwinghids video to install this week. love them lights

·
Registered
55 Posts
uclear100 plus

me and wife just got ours tonight ups delivered them we paired them and talked in the house with them sounded great will try them out on the bike tomorrow we are taking vacation in a few months 30 days and heading out west so we hope they work great

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a half shell helmet so communicating with my wife is better just to talk. I have no problem sending and receiving calls though . I do plan to get us different helmets at that time these will work for that also

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have them, love them. I got them a few months ago for $199.00 for a set of two. Also came with an additional set of speaker/microphones. I ordered an additional set of the speaker/microphones for $40.00. This allows me to have them installed on two sets of helmets and you just have to snap the control unit off one and onto another. You can pair two devices in addition to the intercom. The only negative thing I can think of is that there is a slight lag in the intercom. It is evident when testing not on the bike but not noticable while riding because you are not looking at each other. The noise canceling works well and there is little background noise at speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts