GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting and Salutations to All my Fellow Goldwingers: Before we embarked on our IBA 50 cc ride last year, we posted the info on the website and got some good feedback that helped in all our preparations. For that, I am thankful and appreciate the valuable information that was provided to us. I very rarely ride with more than 3-4 others at a time so my next objective is the IBA Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast ride from Key West to Prodhoe Bay, Alaska and then back to Key West in less than 30 days. August, 2015 is our target date. If you've done this ride or the Ultimate Coast to Coast, I need your input on anything from preparation to route to things to take and places to see. Thanks, Gean

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I have never done this ride but from what I have read the Wing is not the optimum bike for that ride. Too much gravel. Also, there is one stretch when gas is ~240 miles betweens tops. So be sure to have an Aux cell.

There are also some 'unwritten' rules on some of the roads about speeds and etiquette around trucks or the rougher roads.

It sound slike a lot of fun and I am envious!

·
Registered
94 Posts
So this would be considered the Ultimate coast to coast to coast? I hope to do the Prudhoe Bay/KW run in one direction someday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts