GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultimate King seat for sale Non heated will come with the dummy load plug in. $450.00 plus shipping Removed from 2012 wing when I traded it in for an 18. Seat was use very little , less than 3000 miles I would think.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
i am confused on year models.will this seat fit an 02 model?
2001-2010 are the same
2012-2017 are the same.

So no, this seat will not fit on your 2002 model.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
The 12 will fit the older models but there ARE noticeable gaps. I don't think the older ones will fit the 12 though.

·
IronMan
17,625 Posts
So being a king moves you back inch or 2 ?

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I was told that they are in fact interchangeable and have such a slight fitment difference as to not be noticeable. ??? :shrug:
Well, I'm sure you can make them fit. I was just listing the ones that are really, seamlessly interchangeable.

The 12 will fit the older models but there ARE noticeable gaps. I don't think the older ones will fit the 12 though.
I think the gap would be putting a 2001-2010 on a 2012-2017. On an older one, the seat meets the side panel/battery cover horizontally. So it would leave a gap where the newer seats meet the side panel/battery cover at an angle. I haven't seen any posts where anyone has swapped them out and made modifications either way.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
Just check their website. That information is clearly posted. :nerd:
https://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/gl1800-goldwing-seats

GL 1800 Goldwing (2001 - 2017)

Our GL1800 Goldwing Midrider seat is our main seat that will suit most riders. If you are happy with the riding position, which includes your reach to the handlebars, leg room and reach to the ground that your stock seat offers, the Midrider seat will work for you. Our Midrider seat will sit you in the same position, but provides a comfort level so good, you won't want to get off your bike on those long rides.

Our GL1800 Goldwing King seat is primarily designed for riders over 6' 3" and over 260 lbs and/or riders with long legs (more than a 34" inseam). Our King is 1 1/2" wider that the stock seat to provide more butt and under thigh comfort, but its nose is also narrowed down to allow correct inner thigh room. The King will sit you 1/2" higher and 1 1/2" further back from the handlebars and cowling. This allow for less bend in your knees and helps for your long distance ride comfort.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry seat has been sold.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.