GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the Ultimate Midrider seat and not like it? If so, why?

Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I get about 2-3 hours longer a ride over the stock. It is twice as comfortable. The passenger backrest adjusts the angle more upright. It still isn't the magic seat I hoped for, but much better than the stock. Wait for Hal's Memorial day sale for your best deal.

Herb

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Anyone have the Ultimate Midrider seat and not like it? If so, why?

Thanks,
Billy
I hated mine...very uncomfortable. I had very high expectations, especially after seeing the advertisements and testimonials on the website. I hoped the seat would break in after a few hundred miles...but no such luck. On a trip to DC from Florida, I actually had to stand on the footpegs for relief. I sent the seat back, and was refunded my money...but I had to eat the postage.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I have a color matched black and yellow on my 02. It is better than I could have imagined. Not only is it the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on it is also the nicest looking seat I have seen on a wing. My SO also loves it. We laugh now that after a long day in the saddle we both have happy ass. lol There are 3 differient models to choose from. Make sure you get the right one for your height and weight. I bought mine on a suggestion from my buddies Buckskin, and Philip the owner of Texas Cycle Chrome. They sure were right. Best money I spent on the bike. And believe me I have spent a ton on this bike.
Kurt:thumbup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have only got 500 miles on my utlimate thus far but it is much better than stock.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Can't say anything about the "MID" but the new "king" does the job for my 235# arse. Looks and fits better than the stock seat too.
Taint cheap though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought the Ultimate King seat last summer, after 7 years on the stocker. I don't think there is a magic seat. I still know when I've been sitting in the saddle for a while but I can put 12 or 13 hours in the saddle again without all the pain I was getting with the stock seat. I'm sitting back about an inch and a half and up about an inch. That also gives me better positioning for my ****-O-Pegs. All in all, I'm a happy camper now(although I never camp). :tongue:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate all of the input, both good and bad.

Thanks,

Billy

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
It would help for those that like it to post your height, weight and inseam.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Owned a couple of Ultimate Mid-Riders, no major complaints. Installed a brand new Mid-Rider on my '03 rode 2800 miles in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & PEI no issues with break-in. Only complaint, not enough thigh support, after hours in the saddle my thighs would get tired. Compensated by putting my feet out on the highway pegs every once in a while. I'm 5'9" tall with a 30" inseam at 195lbs.

Good seat but what works for one doesn't another. As you see I've mounted a Corbin on this 1800 verses another Ultimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts