GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the Ultimate seat yesterday. Struggled a bit mounting it, but after I put some silicone grease on the parts that have to slide into place, sat on it and pushed back with my butt I was able to line up the holes and get the bolts in.

It looks great I think and feels quite different from the stocker (which you can see in the background of one of the pics behind the KTM). The rear part of the pilot's portion is higher and more upright than the stocker, and you can see it has a lot more padding for both pilot and passenger.

Unfortunately it is raining here today (and for the foreseeable future) so I have not ridden it yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Does it seem to increase the seating height much, if at all?
So far I have only sat on it with the bike on the centerstand. I suspect it did increase the seat height some, but I don't know how much. I will get it off the centerstand today to see how my reach to the ground is.

Wish it wasn't raining, but in the Northern California Sierra we are having a strange late spring rain & snow storm, so I don't want to ride it right now.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@michaelnel Man that sure looks SWEET and COMFY! I bet there will be many smiles & miles with that comfort. I just had a Wingsoft seat mod, and want to rack some miles to see if it suits my fancy. Nice work Ultimate rightly called "Ultimate" from all the mostly positive reviews and pics I have seen about them.

Reactions: michaelnel

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it off the centerstand so I could gauge the difference in height. It is definitely higher than the stocker. I was able to flatfoot the stocker, but with this Ultimate seat I am balls of the feet on both sides. I was not wearing my riding boots which are a little taller.

I think it will be fine for me, especially after it breaks in a little.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
There is a guy here looking for a stock seat if you want to sell

Just post on the classifieds

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will likely sell the stock seat, but I want to wait until after the 14 day evaluation period for the Ultimate is over. If I were to sell the stocker, I would use the Ultimate's box to ship it in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I took it off the centerstand so I could gauge the difference in height. It is definitely higher than the stocker. I was able to flatfoot the stocker, but with this Ultimate seat I am balls of the feet on both sides. I was not wearing my riding boots which are a little taller.

I think it will be fine for me, especially after it breaks in a little.
Did you get the mid rider, or the tall boy seat?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The top finish looks horrible . . . a wrinkled mess! Was up with that?? That is NOT a what I have seen on all the Ultimate seats I have looked at!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine is the tall model . At ^’6’ it fits me the best as they did on my previous generation Wings.
I feel that it looks great but much more importantly it feels great.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice seat, and it has character!
Looks like the passenger sits about 2 inches taller.
There was a thread earlier asking what brand of seat would allow his passenger to sit taller to look over his head while on a ride. This is probably the seat he needs.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got to do a test ride of several hours on the Ultimate seat today. The trip was specifically to see how the seat feels and performs. Gotta say, I completely forgot about the seat after the first 1/2 hour, and if you think about it that is the best thing a seat can do. I don't WANT to think about my seat, and if it is properly comfortable, I don't.

Very very happy with it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts