GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Ultimate custom seat installed last night. Went for a short 100 mile blast this morning, wow very impressed.
Had the Ultimate seat on my Gen 5 GoldWing for over 10 years and love it. This is going to be one of the best accessories that I have added to the Gen 6. I'm 6'2'' about 230 lbs 33'' inseam. I ordered the "Tall Boy" seat.

Great Company to do business with.

Greg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got my new Ultimate custom seat installed last night. Went for a short 100 mile blast this morning, wow very impressed.
Had the Ultimate seat on my Gen 5 GoldWing for over 10 years and love it. This is going to be one of the best accessories that I have added to the Gen 6. I'm 6'2'' about 230 lbs 33'' inseam. I ordered the "Tall Boy" seat.

Great Company to do business with.

Greg
Great to hear your review. Can’t wait to get mine on the bike. Got word from them they started building it last week. I have the blue bike and went with a carbon fiber Pattern inlay with blue stitching to match the bike.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I spent about 22 hours and 750 miles on my Ultimate Seat this past weekend. Other than having to put the waterproof covers on during the rainstorm, no complaints here!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to hear your review. Can’t wait to get mine on the bike. Got word from them they started building it last week. I have the blue bike and went with a carbon fiber Pattern inlay with blue stitching to match the bike.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just my option,, There isn't a motorcycle company out thre that has or sells a water proof seat. I think that it is a plus that you get a rain cover with the Ultimate seat. Water craft, Sea Doo's, out door furniture seats are not water proof. Any time you have any kind of cover that has a sewn pleat or seam water can get under the cover. Again just my option ,, don't worry about it, it's a m/c you and the seat are going to get wet.

Greg

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Just my option,, There isn't a motorcycle company out thre that has or sells a water proof seat. I think that it is a plus that you get a rain cover with the Ultimate seat. Water craft, Sea Doo's, out door furniture seats are not water proof. Any time you have any kind of cover that has a sewn pleat or seam water can get under the cover. Again just my option ,, don't worry about it, it's a m/c you and the seat are going to get wet.

Greg
Normally I wouldn't worry, but if you have a heated seat you need to go the extra mile to keep water from getting in and damaging the heating elements. It's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts

Greg

Normally I wouldn't worry, but if you have a heated seat you need to go the extra mile to keep water from getting in and damaging the heating elements. It's worth the trouble.

This is my heated RDL Sunbrella seat sprayed with 303......I took this video 1-month and several rides after spray coating the saddle.
I spray the seat about once every 2-months......works very well.
I also have a RDL seat cover that I only use at night if very heavy rains are predicted, otherwise I don't use it.

Never had an issue with water getting in through the stitching....

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use the 303 product, good stuff. 303 is the only company that Sunbrella recommends that you use for water proofing their fabric. 303 make great vinyl and leather products also.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Ultimate is kind of funny. If you order the heated rider seat, you get covers for the seat (and rider's backrest, if you purchased that too), but they don't include a cover for the passenger's backrest (which also contains heating elements). Go figure. I sprayed some Neverwet on the backrest just to give it some extra resiliency, but I don't think it really had any effect. I may have to try the 303.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
the question then is: Which seat makers actually have this 303 Sunbrella stuff?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts