GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 GL 1800 with an Ultimate midrider seat on it. (I realy like Ultimate seats since I had one on my 2009 Wing). However it is not possiable to take off the left plastic cover to reach the batery if the seat is on ! This is a major disadvantage! How did you dealed with that ? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I had a Hartco seat that posed the same problem. It blocked the fuse block also. I installed an auxiliary fuse block in the trunk for all my accessories.I used heavy double insulated wire inside plastic tubing non fused from battery for heated gear,trailer power etc. The system is on the second bike with no issues so far(2 years,45,000 miles).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Actually I have a similar issue with the stock seat on my 2015. The cover does go on and off but is not as easy as earlier bikes. You will get the hang of it eventually. The stock seat also has white tabs that go behind the cover besides the upholstered edge that hangs over on the outside.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
With raised pass. boards it is impossible to remove side cover with out seat and board removal. Not a fun task for a fuse problem.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have a large Ultimate seat on my ‘08. It is difficult but possible to remove the battery cover. Also, removing the seat is not too big of a deal IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Try it with raised boards. I almost wish I had married a taller wife.LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts