GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at their website. Missing is any mention of a heated seat option OR any mention that they are working on a seat that will be compatible with the stock 'Wing controls. Hoping this means they will shortly offer seats that will in fact work with the stock controls.

TM

·
Registered
8,307 Posts

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
They have and are losing sales by failing to get this done. This is the "I want it and I want it now!" crowd.

prs

·
Registered
171 Posts
Fortunately my six speed base model doesn't have a heated seat and I don't want one, so this didn't factor into my decision when I ordered mine (supposed to be here tomorrow).

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
Fortunately my six speed base model doesn't have a heated seat and I don't want one, so this didn't factor into my decision when I ordered mine (supposed to be here tomorrow).
Let us know how it fits the bike and you. Good long ride and then prsreport comfort level. Please.

·
Registered
471 Posts
.....They are losing sales by failing to get this done.....
Agree.
I use my Tour seat heater most mornings here in Southern California, so I would think that 2018+ Wing owners in the colder states would only consider a heated aftermarket seat that is compatible with the stock dash controls.
Ultimate and Corbin can't figure it out, while Russell Day Long, Seth Laam, Wingsoft and others are buried in seat orders.
Jefro.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Agree.
I use my Tour seat heater most mornings here in Southern California, so I would think that 2018+ Wing owners in the colder states would only consider a heated aftermarket seat that is compatible with the stock dash controls.
Ultimate and Corbin can't figure it out, while Russell Day Long, Seth Laam, Wingsoft and others are buried in seat orders.
Jefro.

I have the WingSoft but may change to RDL or Ultimate. So addressing the brands above Russell Day Long, Seth Laam, Wingsoft & Ultimate.

Russell Day Long, takes your weight, measurements and photos is slow and recovers and refoams existing seat base and heating.

Seth Laam, recovers cuts and add some foam as does Wingsoft

Whereas ULTIMATE is just that. Ultimate. They have there own base, all new foam and cover. The only true custom seat. The only ground up 100% their parts only, you can keep your crappy OEM Honda seat new, custom seat offering. Good day!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
In states like Texas, AZ, Florida, I doubt you would EVER need a heated seat. However, there are thousands of us that DO like this option and use it regularly! Me included! If a seat rebuilder can’t figure it out, I would NOT be buying their brand and be looking elsewhere! Simple as that . . .

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am a day rider. If it is so cold I would need a heated seat, I stay home. I realize this puts me out of the norm for touring bike riders, but it also means I don't need a heated seat. I do have a heated jacket liner and heated gloves I can use if I get caught out in the cold.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, guess I didn't do enough 'clicking' to get to that section:serious:. Appears that puts things back to 'sooner or later':frown2:

·
Registered
16,987 Posts
Whereas ULTIMATE is just that. Ultimate. They have there own base, all new foam and cover. The only true custom seat. The only ground up 100% their parts only, you can keep your crappy OEM Honda seat new, custom seat offering. Good day!
Well, its sort of like Bill Clinton saying that it depends upon what the definition of "is" is. Ultimate offers their version of several STOCK seats in my opinion. In each style, Des and his workers can make a few mods, but its a choice of probably two Ultimate proprietary pans and choices of several of their available cover materials.

My idea of custom goes back to horse saddles. You go into a shop where there are tanned hides, various sheets of cushion material, lumber, and some nice hardware and sketches of ornament/carving samples. They take your vitals, you select your style and options and designs or leather carvings. They want your horse type and measurements or will come out to the barn to see your horse. They schedule a visit for you to return later. You return and you see a saddle tree on a mock-up stand. You sit on the saddle tree and they use a spoke shave to shape it some more. Then they lay some padding and loose cover material on in layers to get that just right. Next visit you see your custom saddle and have a try fit before taking it to ride on your horse, they will make mods, if needed. $$,$$$.00. Now that is custom! Saddle worth more than most horses. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts