GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ultimate Seats added to original post

Does anyone have a Midrider or King Ultimate seat that I could check out in the Dayton Ohio area? Here is my problem....I called Ultimate and was told that the Midrider should have a driver under 260 lbs and since I am 290 lbs, 5'09" I should get the king seat due to my weight (even though I have a 31" inseam). I know the Ultimate ad says the king sits the driver back 1 and a 1/2" which would mean the passenger looses this space. But what is the passenger's seat length? Is it actually 1 and a 1/2" shorter or not with the straight passengers back rest. Can someone actually measure the distance between the backrest and the back edge of the drivers seat for me? I would like to know the distance for both the King and Midrider seats to see what the actual difference is. Or if anyone else has had this issue let me know how things worked out for you. Did you just go with the Midrider even though you are heavier than 260 lbs? Or did you go with the king, especially if you have the inseam issue like me touching the ground since it raises you the 1/2" and is wider.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I wish you would have posted 2 weeks ago.
We came through Dayton on our way back from Maggie Valley, NC, heading up to Muskigon,MI to catc the High Spped feery to Milwaukee, Wi.
I have the Mid Rider and also their passenger backrest for my wife.
It's a great seat.
They do offer a 14 days free look and try policy. Check them out.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Mike, I sent more info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts