GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Brief update. Dave over at Ultimate really went all out and is taking care of me on the seat issue. As I knew they would take care of it. New seat should be here late next week and can get the bike rolling again.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate ya sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
My RDL for $1200 doesn't seem so crazy expensive by comparison.
Well worth the expense IMHO, if I'm not comfortable for the long haul rides, then it's no fun any longer.......keep me smiling the whole ride.

To spend the kind of money the OP did and get that kind of response to a simple issue that should never happen is ridiculous.....personally I'd shop elsewhere.
My Ultimate Tallboy with heat and drivers backrest and rain cover was $1400 with no custom stitching etc and the heaters work perfectly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My seat got to hot. I contacted Ultimate by email. Dave called me and said when he got the new elements I could ship. He kept me up to date all the way through. He gave me the FedEx account number. All I did was hand the seat to the guy at FedEx. They boxed and shipped out. I had it back in about 8 days. They have great customer service. Something that is rare these days

·
Registered
321 Posts
After reading this thread, I feel that most of the folks here have never worked in manufacturing QA or Ops.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
So I wanted to update those that are interested. Which probably isn’t anybody but still.

Got the seat Back today. Got it installed and all seems perfect. No flashing lights and the build quality is beautiful.

I don’t wanna beat a dead horse but I feel I owe it to Ultimate Seat (Dave specifically) to give them credit where it’s due.

Dave took a personal interest throughout this ordeal and kept me in the loop. Even called me a few times to personally let me know where things were at. I was aggravated when I first started this thread and hopefully I didn’t deter anyone from buying one of these seats. Certainly wasn’t my intention but based on the information I was given, I truly only wanted to help fellow riders out who may have recently picked up a seat from Ultimate.

After speaking with Dave, I could tell he takes a personal interest and deeply cares about his customers. He made a promise and he followed thru. I’d have no problem ordering another seat from Ultimate if I were to buy another motorcycle in the future.

Thank you Dave!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I received my Ultimate about a month ago. I love it, except that I’m really not feeling the heat. The OEM on the highest setting was quite toasty. I don’t experience that with the new seat.

When I dismount, the seat feels warm. Of course, that could simply be the transference of body heat. On the other hand, I just may be susceptible to ”suggestion” from this thread.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I received my Ultimate about a month ago. I love it, except that I’m really not feeling the heat. The OEM on the highest setting was quite toasty. I don’t experience that with the new seat.

When I dismount, the seat feels warm. Of course, that could simply be the transference of body heat. On the other hand, I just may be susceptible to ”suggestion” from this thread.
I’m sure you’ll be

61 - 67 of 67 Posts