GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own a ultimate seat. I spoke to a gentleman I met at the rally this weekend and he had one on his CBC and I really liked it. Prices online are comparable to other types.

opinion

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I can only add that I saw a very nice looking seat from Ultimate at Americade. I was ready to buy it....expensive at $1300 or so but I really liked it

However they would not let me sit on it!!!

Now I knw they don't want every person sitting on these expensive seats (though even Corbin lets you do that!) but I was ready to buy and I could not sit on the seat.

How silly....they lost a sale...but I don't think they really cared. Oh well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm short, 5'6" @ 155lbs, so my seat choices are very limited.

I have an Ultimate Lowrider on my VTX and am very happy with it. Tried two different Mustangs, and kept going back to the Ultimate.

On my Wing, I would start getting sore after a couple hours. Really wanted to go the custom route, (Rick Meyers, or Russle) sp?, but was conserned about being able to touch the ground. So I ordered an Ultimate Lowrider, fully expecting to send it back under their trial period. Put it on,,,,, not impressed. Short ride,,,, not impressed. Took it on a day trip,,,, yeah, it's a keeper. Did 4 thousand miles in 7 days, and I'm still satisfied with it.

Ultimate warns that their seats are not waterproof. Mustang says to keep their seats treated with Protect-All to seal the stitching and seams, so I do the same with both my Ultimates. Does it work? Not sure, Ultimate makes no mention of doing it. Does my butt ever get wet due to a soaked seat? No, it doesn't. Do my riding buddies' on untreated seats? Yes, they do.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Fortuneteller,

We bought a Ultimate Mid-Rider for our Wing, put it on and did a 'test' ride 2700 miles through Nova Scotia. Very nice, no butt discomfort Day 1 or Day 16 even after 10 hour days. I'm 5'10' with a 30" inseam 195lbs.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have a mid-rider. i'm 6'4 and 280 pounds. It's been on six months or so now, and we did a 2000 mile trip.. It's ok for riding solo, but i still use a gel pad for longer trips.. my wife loves it, but it's not an ideal riding position for someone my size. The "big boy" was high enough, but too narrow, and actually more uncomfortable. But i'v can ridden 12-14 hours on it without butt pain..

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I needed, thanks gentlemen. They did not have a vender at the rally it was another vendor and I happened onto his bike. Soon as I got back I checked out there web site. I like the look of the two tone seats, now I can see they are confortable also. Maybe my next purchase.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I had an Ultimate Low Rider on my 05 VTX 1300. Mine was the three piece with rider backrest. Made a cross country trip on it in Jul-Aug of 7K miles and never had a second of discomfort. Have since sold the X and bought an 05 Wing. Pending funds availability, I will purchase an Ultimate for the Wing if I can.

In my opinion, "don't leave home without it!" :D :D :D

Todd

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here. I had one on my 2004 VTX1300 Retro, absolutely loved it. Had the four piece set, rider, passenger and both backrests. Made trips to Sturgis, Washington D. C. and Jacksonville, Florida with no discomfort whatsoever. I never had to quit riding due to the seat/butt discomfort, only if I was too tired to keep going. Couldn't ride 50 miles without discomfort with the stock seat. I never had any issues with it being "waterproof" or not.

I'll be purchasing an Ultimate seat for my 2003 Wing sometime this winter, once the coin is in the bank.

Mac

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had an ultimate 4 piece big boy on my VTX. It is a great seat. I would buy another one in a minute. Talk to Des, the owner. They are super to do business with.

Brian

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I have an Ultimate set on my VTX and love it. A good friend who is also vertically challenged has the Ultimate LoRider seat on his Wing and says it's the best thing he's done on his bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts