GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is you thoughts on the ultimate seats for the gl1800. I want to move back slightly and do not want to get any higher than stock. I have a road sofa by saddleman now it is a great seat but it places you back about 2" and 1" higher, I have put some 600 mile days in this seat just dont like how far back it puts me . I like the russel seats just cant seem to find a used one. I know of a used ultimate in the mid rider I can trade for, just do not know much about them . any one want to trade for there russel ?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
what is you thoughts on the ultimate seats for the gl1800. I want to move back slightly and do not want to get any higher than stock. I have a road sofa by saddleman now it is a great seat but it places you back about 2" and 1" higher, I have put some 600 mile days in this seat just dont like how far back it puts me . I like the russel seats just cant seem to find a used one. I know of a used ultimate in the mid rider I can trade for, just do not know much about them . any one want to trade for there russel ?
I have a ultimate big boy and love it. The model I have sets me back an inch and a half. I think the mid-rider is the same as stock but im not positive on that. A 600 mile day is now a piece of cake on the ultimate. I think they are the best seat sold for any motorcycle and the wife loves it also.:thumbup:
Kurt

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ultimate Seat

HOP,

I have the Ultimate seat on my Road Star and love it.
Looking into one for the 08 Wing @ the start of my riding season.
txs, F
:doorag:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm with Kurt. One of the first things I did was swap, with some cash, my stock seat for the ultimate big boy. I am 6'4 and yes, a big boy, so it lets me ride comfortably on the goldwing. One thing I really noticed was the sides of the saddle are not as wide, and kind of made the butt last longer than the stock. I was getting numb and this helps me last a lot longer. My wife likes the back seat better, because she feels like she is setting more upward. The stock, she said, made he lean back too much.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I love the looks of it. If I were to get one I'd get one with backrest and the sporty looking "low rider" with the passenger backrest the follows the lines of the trunk.
For me though the wingsoft upgrade with Utopia backrest does the trick.
Steve

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Airvent

I went with Airvent cushion. Just adss a little for long rides on cuts down on butt sweat! :eek:4:

http://airventusa.com/

·
Registered
88 Posts
i had my stock seat changed to a wingsoft large seat was not happy so sold it and bought a ultimate big boy .i could not tell the diff. between the two seats the ultimate seat:wrong: cost 600 dollars more

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
I have been using the Ultimate Big Boy on my GL1800 for several seasons now and still looks and rides like new. It is the easiers seat to re-install that I have seen for this bike. The passenger seat and backrest are also superior. Mine has NOT waterlogged in heavy rain riding, but others with this model of seat have so compalined (maybe they park it in the rain or maybe they do not use any treatment on the stitching like I do). I wish the driver's seat pan was larger - with more of a "pan" shape to it to support the upper thigh area and thus take some more of the weight off of the tail bone area. The Ultimate I have on my VTX is een better because it does have the larger full ars sized pan.

prs

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Buy the way I also had mine color matched. It is mainly black and is trimmed out in yellow. Everywhere I go I recieve compliments about how great the ultimate seat looks.
Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts