GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how I can talk over my head set using my blue tooth phone with my zumo 550? Do I need to use intercom or auxiliary? I sent Jon a E mail, he said I needed a Kennedy parts, so I have been trying to get him to call me, but I guess he has been to busy… Thanks Gene :shock:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
phone

HE said Bluetooth

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Bluetooth Phone, I can hear them but they can not hear me. I have my bike set on Auxiliary

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Aux is play only. If you want to talk it will go through the intercom. I have the Kennedy (non bluetooth) and it interfaces with the intercom of the bike. When I had it installed on my 1500 I found that when people called it was just like they were a 3rd person on the intercom system. They could hear me or the passenger, as well as the stereo and cb. Pretty cool. :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
My Bluetooth Phone, I can hear them but they can not hear me. I have my bike set on Auxiliary
I may be wrong but here is what I think the problem is.

If you are using Blue Tooth and the intercom on the bike you need to add a Kennedy Cell set into your system.

If you don't have it, your GPS should have come with an Aux Microphone. which should hookup to your GPS, my Garmin 2820 came with one and you will have to clip it up around your mouth etc.

If you have a Bluetooth wireless headset you pair the phone to the GPS and then the Headset to the GPS and all calls will go thru the GPS and your output speech will go thru the wireless headset to the GPS to your call.

The aux without the kennedy is just an output device from a player or GPS thru the speakers , you don't have an input device attached, as in microphone or wireless GPD headset

·
Registered
567 Posts
gene:
go through the intecom if you are not going to use the xm or mp3 player.
you need:
cellset mc/gps-ics/mic
zumo harness
1800 power harness
1800 type 2 intercom harness.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
If you have a cell set with both aux and intercom connections, makes sure you have the right plug in your zumo... The intercom plug, which is what you want to use for phone, has an extra "stripe" on the ping. The one you use for the aux input is a standard stereo plug. They're both the same size, so if you weren't paying attention, it's easy to mix them up and up with "hear only" phone service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts