GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing my PIAA under mirror aux HID install this morning. I was hoping there was room for my Air wings.. But there is not. Wondering what other guys did about this.. I am thinking just trim a inch or so off the bottom. Have any of you LD guy ran into this problem, and what did you do..

Thanks for any help,
Smitty

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I posted this way back.... have since moved away from the PIAA's to Phillips HID driving lights mounted in the same way... The Tulsa wind wings work just fine, no trimming required. I had Baker's before and sold those when I found the Tulsa's...

I went with the Tulsa's. I can fully open and close these with no modifications. Work just fine.....

You can see from the dirt trail where most of the rain water goes! Down then out....

Here's the photo with the PHID's installed and the Tulsa's behind.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guy's, i will do a little manscaping on the wing's.

Thanks again for a great forum, and great people.

Smitty

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
WOW Larry that is some SERIOUS lighting you have there, wanna sell the PIAA's?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
WOW Larry that is some SERIOUS lighting you have there, wanna sell the PIAA's?
With the exception of the Hella FF50 fog lights, everything you see is HID.... low beam projectors, high beam H7 HID and the PHID's...

I have to find them... in one of my junk boxes.. These PIAA's have a ton of miles on them... over 100k, but I do have several spare lamps for them. they are not pristine, there is some corrosion/rust issues with the reflectors. (common problem with the 910) I will get a photo or two... then we can discuss if you really want them....

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Larry

Did you ride through Texas lately and start all those fires there???

Oh, I see. Nevermind. Pacific Northwest.... only place more cloudy than NE Ohio.... :cry:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Larry,
Whose projectors did you use and do you know the part # or size of them?
You should find everything you need to know right here....
http://home.comcast.net/~lawrencejp...t/&PHPSESSID=a9b76a49a863b40638225fd19e043a72

Which reminds me, I should up date my web page, the projectors I used in my HID projector project are getting hard to find. I have since learned that the Nissan Murano uses the exact same HID D2S 3 inch projector... as found on E-Bay....

You don't have to find a set or pair.... you only need a left and right if your mounting them back into the OEM vehicle. One of the first things you modify on these lights is the mounting arms, by removing them. Also note if a projector is being advertised from another country, it must be a right hand drive light, You don't want to use left hand drive lights unless your prepared to modify the cut off shield to eliminate the left hand rise. No need to worry about this if you source Bi-xenon projectors from the US or Canada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts